The Student Room Group

Guys: how often do you shave (before you look like a beast)?

Scroll to see replies

After about 5 days it looks really bad but I just cba to shave :mmm:

I normally shave once a week, usually Monday morning

Although I should shave about every other day to look like a normal 17 year old
Reply 21
Original post by j.laurence
Haha ^^, so you don't wanna keep some facial hair like on the chin or even a wait for it.. a goatee? :P, I think a clean shave is nice but when there is some hair on but not a full on beard it looks even better :cool:

Nah I think I look a lot better with no facial hair, even a goatee looks silly on me :p:

Though some guys do look sharp with some stubble
Reply 22
I can still get away with not shaving for a week. :borat: After that though i start to look like an escaped metal patient, so I've been told.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Wozzie
The cycle in pictures:

Day 1:

Day 2 to 7:

Day 8 - 20:

Day 21 - 40:

Day 41 - 60+:

???????:

I'll let you know if I ever get there.

Haha brilliant.

I've only ever gone past the day 14-15 stage once, and after that I swear there was an odd odour coming from it? I looked like an idiot as well :biggrin:
Original post by IceWater
How often do you guys shave (facial hair)?

How many days can you go without shaving before it starts to look bad / affects your apperance?

I hardly last a day or two,No joke.

Can't blame my testerone level :cool:
Shaving is for women.

Beards are for pros.
Reply 26
about twice a week
Reply 27
Takes ages to grow anything :frown:

I tend to look like a kid lol
I don't until I reach this stage:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
I trim not shave
Every 20-30 minutes... sucks being asian :frown: :biggrin:
Reply 31
Shave everyday :smile:
1 day = designer stubble.

Any more than that and I look like a wookie.
I'm 6'1 and a 20 stone tattooed strongman, I already look like a brute - not shaving is just nice.
Reply 34
every week or so, but i get quite beardy after 2 days.
Daily, otherwise I feel uncomfortable.
I shave every day with a Merkur razor, unless I have a beard in which case I shave the neck and cheekline every day and every 2/3 days I trim it to a no. 2 or 3 with a trimmer.

I think its lazy to just shave every 5-6 days and have a constant cycle of slowly growing stubble then shave, so many men do it, but to be fair its usually student age men who haven't got much growth anyway. I think if you want to be taken seriously you need to be either daily clean shaven or have a well maintained beard. The designer stubble look looks more effective if people are used to you being clean shaven, then one week you give yourself the weekend off shaving and turn up to work on Monday with a rugged stubble look, then ditch it by Tuesday.
Reply 37
2 days normally but I have some pretty bad-ass stubble by then. If I leave it 2 weeks it feels like I'm shaving a head of hair or something.
Reply 38
Original post by IceWater
How often do you guys shave (facial hair)?

How many days can you go without shaving before it starts to look bad / affects your apperance?

About 4 or 5 days.
Reply 39
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I shave every day with a Merkur razor, unless I have a beard in which case I shave the neck and cheekline every day and every 2/3 days I trim it to a no. 2 or 3 with a trimmer.

I think its lazy to just shave every 5-6 days and have a constant cycle of slowly growing stubble then shave, so many men do it, but to be fair its usually student age men who haven't got much growth anyway. I think if you want to be taken seriously you need to be either daily clean shaven or have a well maintained beard. The designer stubble look looks more effective if people are used to you being clean shaven, then one week you give yourself the weekend off shaving and turn up to work on Monday with a rugged stubble look, then ditch it by Tuesday.

What do you mean by taken seriously? :o:

I go through the cycle but I'm not at university yet / working, what do you reckon other people think ofme (be honest)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending