Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in yr 11 because i had nothing in the option boxes to choose for gcse in yr 9 i chose geography because people said it was easy. My teacher is a prat and put me in foundation when i feel capable to get more than a C and in past papers we do in class are always higher anyway and i get As and Bs in them so i asked him last week and he said he's already entered me for foundation and he can't change it.
    But there has to be someway hasn't it???

ReputationRep:
    beg, beg and beg somemore; if you want it that much, get your parents involved as well. if you get the parents involved the teacher will back down.

ReputationRep:
    That seems quite unfair, and it can happen the other way round too. I know someone who is almost certainly not capable of acheiving a pass in a Higher Tier paper, but my school won't let them change to Foundation Tier.

You should speak to someone higher up, like your Head of Year, the head of the Geography department or even the Head of Curriculum. If that doesn't work, get your parents involved like JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN suggested.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing is happening with my science. I am at the moment in foundation biology, In the past papers and so forth, I was getting A's and A* . I have said that I am finding it easy and such, and they just said they will give me harder work, and it is still pathetic, so try speaking to your head of year..

ReputationRep:
    Complain to the head of geography, if that doesn't work, you'll probably have to pay for the entry yourself.

That's what I'm doing in Stastitics right now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they can change it. Go to another teacher/head of year/exam officer/head teacher. Get your parents to write a letter.

If worst comes to worst, you can still get a B at foundation.

ReputationRep:
    My geography teacher tried to put me on Foundation too, but I said to her, No I am doing higher, and then she let me go onto higher...
    Anyway, errm in your situation, I would go to the schools examinations officer, who handles the exam stuff, and the results day etc etc.
    And talk to them, if they still don't do anything, get your parents to come to the school with you or write a letter. Because they're not allowed to restrict you to foundation, and I;m sure they could get in trouble for it...

Go to the head teacher if you want, and speak to the council or school people, or write to the exam board...try your best! Don't let the teachers get you down!!!!
    Wish you all the best and I hope you get entered into Higher!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.