Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've dated guys with dosh, and in return been called a "gold digging *****" by their parents. Now I'm dating a guy that lives with his parents in a council house and works in a supermarket for a wage roughly 2/3 of mine (and my salary is ****). I'm much happier now. I don't have to justify to judgemental people why I am with him, I can pay for stuff etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if females insist that any prospective male partner should have a salary and/or private income at least equal to, if not more than their own - then I see no reason why us males should not similarly stipulate that any prospective female partner should have a salary and/or private income at least equal to, if not more, than our own. That's gender equality.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not <I> looking </I/> for a rich boyfriend. I happen to be dating a well-off guy at the moment, it's no better or worse than dating guys without money

ReputationRep:
    I really don't get this thing about women marrying for money... Is it really worth being with someone you don't love just to be a little richer, when it's not even your own money? What kind of life is that?

And to answer your qn, no, obviously not.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah all women are gold diggers fact

ReputationRep:
    Are men just looking for a highly attractive woman?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, that's all we women want, rich men. We're so stupid we couldn't possibly work, provide for ourselves or use sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingpin101)
    Some women do, some women don't. People have different motivations in life. There's a lot of women who aren't particularly interested in money, and in my experience they are in the majority. Also I believe it is somewhat true that successful people will likely have quite attractive personalities.
    My thoughts exactly.

ReputationRep:
    In this corrupted & materialistic world, where people forsake themselves for financial gain, why would this be a surprising fact?

ReputationRep:
    Women= rich men
    Men= young women

It's just biological evolution, and it doesn't occur all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be honest; most guys I have been out with and fancied have been well off.
    The reason for it is probably where I go to school and where I go on holiday and clubbing, you hang out with people from a similar background. I don't know what people put in the expression "marrying for money" exactly, but I'd need the man I marry to be well off. I have quite a lot saved up myself, and if we would pay 50% each of an apartment, he'd had to have some resources. I'm not going to find a man to provide for me, but I'm not going to provide for a man. I already have more to spend than the average student, and I'd love to go with a guy on holiday to more exotic places. I offer to pay my share of the bill in a restaurant, and it would be nice if we could eat somewhere not too shabby. So basically, you have your own lifestyle and you always have it easier with people who are not completely strangers to that lifestyle. I'm more than happy to pay for myself and I never expect expensive gifts. I used to see this guy from an extremely wealthy family, and he never paid anything for me, but sometimes guys like to treat a girl to something, or just simply show off. It is a nice gesture, but you cannot complain about her shallowness afterwards if you're trying to buy her.

ReputationRep:
    So this must be why there are so many women marrying poor men and so many married couples on unemployment and so many kids in my school on free/reduced lunch and so many more women going into the workforce...because if you're not a rich man, women won't look twice at you. I should've seen this a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm totally with my boyfriend for his Jobseekers Allowance money :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I do not give a **** how much a man earns. Not every woman does.

Now stop generalising and backing up your argument with the Daily Fail

ReputationRep:
    correction, women are looking for suckers with money.....

if men had any ballz and weren't so desperate it wouldn't matter how much money they had, because the womenz would never touch any of it. It's one thing to respect achievement and expertise, but to reduce a mans value down to currency is insulting to the man and their own humanity. Most women don't really care(or even understand) what a successful business man, doctor, engineer etc does at work all day. Rich kid=loser if they didn't generate any cash through their own ingenuinity and hard work. Also this need for "security" would be more worthy of respect if most of these broads hadn't been boned rawdogg by Tom, ****(literally a huge walking penis) and harry. There wasn't much need for security then.:rolleyes:

Or at least if they wanted payment, it was in cocaine.

ReputationRep:
    If you have some cash, better to spend it on some fine clothes, booze and coke and get to work festering on the goods of the current generation of young sluts, instead of being a retirement plan for the last generation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Different women like different things.

Whilst I don't go for money, I must admit, I'm attracted to an ambitious career minded man.
    If that career was in Disposal Management ( a binman in laymans terms) would that matter to you?

ReputationRep:
    Provided you're not an entirely one trick pony, then yeah. Girls love financial security rich partners. Ask yourself the question; where all else is relatively balanced, would you reject them over a person in financial difficulty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baffled_mathman)
    But what I don't understand is why women won't admit it most of the time? Is it because they want to fool men into thinking they want them for their looks/sense of humour/personality/whatever, when in actual fact they are after his wallet?
    Yeah, that must explain why none of my boyfriends have been rich.

Refer to my sig OP.

ReputationRep:
    Well money would have to be on one of the bottom sections of my list of qualities within a man - somewhere between 'does he put the toilet seat down' and ' do i like his mum'
    But then again, if a guy has money it is a bonus i guess...but if he was poor it wouldn't be something that would put me off or anything - i can deliver the bread on the table no probs

meh, just be careful with who you choose to date i guess. You can usually tell between the genuine and the cash hungry

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.