The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So basically, this year's Spanish is likely to be character?
Original post by ella14
i reckon an 1hr on each essay then 30 mins on translation

Original post by adamski93
What has everyone been advised on timescale for the exam. How long on each essay, and the translation?

This is the timescale I follow. 1hour on each essay is generally plenty, but the extra 30 minutes allows you to go over time a bit on one essay if the question is hard, for example.
Reply 42
Thanks for advice.

Is anybody doing about the social context of the Second Republic on La Casa De Bernarda Alba?

I've got a few quotes and information on religion, social inequality and women but finding it difficult to comment on authoritarianism in the second republic and to give examples of it (or even quotes from people)

Thanks
Reply 43
Original post by Rascacielos
So basically, this year's Spanish is likely to be character?

I'd be pleased with that tbh, i think it's very unlikely it will be about techniques
Reply 44
I'm doing 'Como Agua Para Chocolate' by Laura Esquivel, and I'm also studying Mujeres Al Borde De Un Ataque De Nervios, the film.

What are the predictions for the Lit essay questions? I can't remember what came up in the sample paper and June 2010.

I como agua para chocolate for my spanish literature this year, great book and really easy to write about tbh. I think something about characters is going to come up but I am not sure. How are you feeling about the exam? I am relaxed about it tbh.
I'm doing this exam too - translation should be fine (all the usual trappings are almost always included), discursive (hmm, i've not done any free essays as of yet so structuring might be an issue on that one - but then again, the AS was fine)... I'm doing LCDBA too, hate the play itself - so interminably dull and rather depressing. Last year it was only 70% for an A and, although I can't remember specifically without retrieving the data, about 64% for a B so I think most 'good' candidates should be set for a good module result with this exam.
Original post by copito1993
I como agua para chocolate for my spanish literature this year, great book and really easy to write about tbh. I think something about characters is going to come up but I am not sure. How are you feeling about the exam? I am relaxed about it tbh.

I need an A so I'm a bit nervous. It's OK to write about, but I'm worried setting might come up. I know it's unlikely, but if it does, I'm screwed. :tongue:
Reply 47
I wasnt nervous about this exam at all, but know all my others are done and considering I need an A, im terrified!
Hows everyone revising? Never sure how to with languages!
If a question asked about cultural developments, do you think it would fine to talk about how closely tied football is with spanish culture and talk about how that's increased with Spain winning the world cup and the euros? And how young they start and so on.. Thanks.
Reply 49
hey spanish people
if you get event that means german will be character?
and if you get character then german cant be event (well its unlikely as it came up last year), so
it could be technique ? how could u write about technique in the history one :s
Reply 50

is anyone doing the description of a character of a book?

I'm doing a play and characters might come up.
Reply 51
Original post by becky.page

Original post by becky.page
I wasnt nervous about this exam at all, but know all my others are done and considering I need an A, im terrified!
Hows everyone revising? Never sure how to with languages!

Vocab, grammar, essay plans for RBE and essays for the other one.
Reply 52

Thanks for advice.

Is anybody doing about the social context of the Second Republic on La Casa De Bernarda Alba?

I've got a few quotes and information on religion, social inequality and women but finding it difficult to comment on authoritarianism in the second republic and to give examples of it (or even quotes from people)

Thanks

If the Q is on themes which theme will you choose? Authority?
And to answer that ^ can we comment on the uprising of - I don't believe this. I've actually forgotten who the civil war was between. Help. Left vs right. Which one was the second republic and which was the army?
Reply 53
Original post by jaydemikaela
Last year: French was social setting, Italian was themes, Spanish was techniques and German was event (specimin questions were about characters for all languages)

This year: Italian was social setting and French was themes, so looks likes they're being rotated.

I doubt techniques will come up again, it seems very unlikely but possible I suppose.

do you know the historical ones for each?
Reply 54
Original post by jaydemikaela
Last year: French was social setting, Italian was themes, Spanish was techniques and German was event (specimin questions were about characters for all languages)

This year: Italian was social setting and French was themes, so looks likes they're being rotated.

I doubt techniques will come up again, it seems very unlikely but possible I suppose.

Hi! I thought the 4 areas were
1. Characters
2. Themes
3. Social
4. Techniques

So how can there be an essay on an event? What exactly was the German question? Because if Spanish is on an event this year I am not prepared at all as I didn't know that was possible. Please help/explain what's happening here.
Original post by Lady_Diamond
1. Characters
2. Themes
3. Social
4. Techniques

So how can there be an essay on an event? What exactly was the German question? Because if Spanish is on an event this year I am not prepared at all as I didn't know that was possible. Please help/explain what's happening here.

Going a bit mad with spanish revision,
not an event but like a chapter or scene, so you would choose one from your book, play or film and analyse its importance on the rest of the book play or film.
I think that one isn't too bad but i would really like context, as we have done loads on that. I study Como Agua para Chocolate and there is loads to say on the mexican revolucion and possion of women ect.
I am sure it will be fine! :smile:
Original post by 786girl
do you know the historical ones for each?

No sorry I don't

Edit: go here http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/unit_4_italianurdufrenchgermanrussianspanish_june_2009_papers

Original post by Lady_Diamond
1. Characters
2. Themes
3. Social
4. Techniques

I'm not sure but it was definitely event. The question was "Wählen Sie ein besonderes Ereignis in dem Buch / Schauspiel / Film, das / den Sie studiert haben. Wie wichtig ist dieses Ereignis für den Verlauf des Werkes?"

It means choose a particular event in the book/play/film that you studied. How important is this event for the running/progression of the work?
(edited 12 years ago)
Does anybody know that the Lit question was in the example paper for this module? I know it was on character, but what question specifically?
Original post by 786girl
hey spanish people
if you get event that means german will be character?
and if you get character then german cant be event (well its unlikely as it came up last year), so
it could be technique ? how could u write about technique in the history one :s

I doubt it'll be technique, that came up last year for Spanish. I hope to God it won't be event, I'm expecting character but it would well be the former.
Does anybody know that the Lit question was in the example paper for this module? I know it was on character, but what question specifically?

Refer to a character in your chosen book, play or film. Discuss their role and consider how successful the writer / director is in the representation of this character.

Latest

Trending

Trending