Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydemikaela)
    http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/u...ne_2009_papers

There's no Jan 2011 paper.
    thanks do you know where I can find the markscheme. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itmightbefriday)
    How are people revising for the discursive essay?
    Are you just learning some useful phrases etc? I find it really hard to revise for that part but I feel I should do something at least :P xx
    I have the same issue. I don't really feel it's worth revising for, apart from learning a few interesting bits of vocab and some essay phrases. There's no point doing past questions because the same question won't come up twice. I suppose it might be helpful to check your essay writing skills are in order, but that's about it.

For French, I just looked over the news for anything current affairs-y that I could introduce in an essay but the French ones were a terrible set of essays that seemed highly unrelated to any topic I'd covered in class. I think I'll just read through El Mundo again tonight, read through some grammar points that might come up in the translation, drink some wine and try not to panic too much about the fact I need an A in this exam otherwise I'm not going to uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    thanks do you know where I can find the markscheme. thanks
    No unfortunately not. Although the mark schemes for the essays are the same (vague) structures every time. Can't help with the translation I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydemikaela)
    No unfortunately not. Although the mark schemes for the essays are the same (vague) structures every time. Can't help with the translation I'm afraid.
    Oh I don't have a problem with the translation. I just wanted to see a mark scheme for the essay and I found the sample ones and you said they are all the same so no problems there :P

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Oh I don't have a problem with the translation. I just wanted to see a mark scheme for the essay and I found the sample ones and you said they are all the same so no problems there :P

Thanks
    Oh okay, no problem

ReputationRep:
    Hey, So confused about what is meant to be coming up on this exam. For section C, I can pick a movie right? as long as it's spanish? Do I HAVE to do anything else, read any more books or is knowing about the movie enough? And can I pick anything I want, or does it have to be from some pre-released list or something? please help

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing the geographical study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeekAndAHalf)
    Is anyone else doing the geographical study?
    I am doing a geographical study!! I'm doing La Comunidad Valenciana. What are you doing?
    For topics did you do key people, events and issues, customs, tradiations, beliefs and traditions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I have the same issue. I don't really feel it's worth revising for, apart from learning a few interesting bits of vocab and some essay phrases. There's no point doing past questions because the same question won't come up twice. I suppose it might be helpful to check your essay writing skills are in order, but that's about it.

For French, I just looked over the news for anything current affairs-y that I could introduce in an essay but the French ones were a terrible set of essays that seemed highly unrelated to any topic I'd covered in class. I think I'll just read through El Mundo again tonight, read through some grammar points that might come up in the translation, drink some wine and try not to panic too much about the fact I need an A in this exam otherwise I'm not going to uni!
    Haha I'm glad it's not just me who thought that xD
    And yeah that's a good idea, I might do that too.
    Ooh did you do edexcel french last friday? Me too What did you think of the paper?

Also does anyone have any tips on how to reach the highest marks in the discursive question. I've looked at a mark scheme but it's not very helpful. Like are there any key tenses or grammatical structures that should be included or is it more based on the content of your essay?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    can anyone give me a link to any past papers, it doesn't matter what year they are, its just to know the structure of the exam. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know...the question about the play, film or book; is there more than one available question or is it just what we're given? I have a couple of topics im rubbish with but two i know really well :/

And those wondering, my teracher compiled a booklet of the discursive essays from the past years and it looks like there's nearly always one question regarding global warming or climate change, and the rest are about subjects quite popular amongst socienty, like animal testing, religion, yob culture and the such...basically things that everyone should be able to piece together SOMETHING for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itmightbefriday)
    Haha I'm glad it's not just me who thought that xD
    And yeah that's a good idea, I might do that too.
    Ooh did you do edexcel french last friday? Me too What did you think of the paper?

Also does anyone have any tips on how to reach the highest marks in the discursive question. I've looked at a mark scheme but it's not very helpful. Like are there any key tenses or grammatical structures that should be included or is it more based on the content of your essay?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    I wasn't a huge fan of the paper actually - the discursive essays were all hard and the translation had a few difficult words/hidden grammar points in it.

I'd like to know a bit more about how to get high marks as well, in both essays really! I think the content is very important for both essays, although obviously accuracy and the development of your essay are important too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishirish93)
    Does anyone know...the question about the play, film or book; is there more than one available question or is it just what we're given? I have a couple of topics im rubbish with but two i know really well :/

And those wondering, my teracher compiled a booklet of the discursive essays from the past years and it looks like there's nearly always one question regarding global warming or climate change, and the rest are about subjects quite popular amongst socienty, like animal testing, religion, yob culture and the such...basically things that everyone should be able to piece together SOMETHING for...
    You only get one question for Literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aidanbrunt)
    Hey, So confused about what is meant to be coming up on this exam. For section C, I can pick a movie right? as long as it's spanish? Do I HAVE to do anything else, read any more books or is knowing about the movie enough? And can I pick anything I want, or does it have to be from some pre-released list or something? please help
    Yeah, you can pick a Spanish film, but it helps if you've actually studied it because you're expected to have read around the film (i.e. into its context). It can be any book/film you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asha_patel)
    I am doing a geographical study!! I'm doing La Comunidad Valenciana. What are you doing?
    For topics did you do key people, events and issues, customs, tradiations, beliefs and traditions?
    I'm doing Galicia and yeah, I've studied geography, traditions, beliefs, festivals, food, economy and population. I haven't done a lot on politics or key people though. I'll be a bit worried if those come up. Good luck!!!!

ReputationRep:
    For those that are doing the literature/arts question, what's the minimum number of quotes that we could get away with? Possibly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeekAndAHalf)
    I'm doing Galicia and yeah, I've studied geography, traditions, beliefs, festivals, food, economy and population. I haven't done a lot on politics or key people though. I'll be a bit worried if those come up. Good luck!!!!
    Thank you and Good luck as well!!
    I'm hoping that politics or key people don't come up as well!!!
    I can't remember the exact question, but in June 2010 i wrote about festivals.. and seeing as that's the only past paper i doubt it would come up again...
    Traditions or beliefs wouldn't be bad though!!

BTW how are you including the bibliography bit? Where we have to show where we're getting our knowledge from?

ReputationRep:
    I've only just heard about this event essay thing for the literature. Now I'm terrified. What sorta thing would you write about?

(I'm doing Como Agua Para Chocolate, in case it matters)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harlequingirl)
    I've only just heard about this event essay thing for the literature. Now I'm terrified. What sorta thing would you write about?

(I'm doing Como Agua Para Chocolate, in case it matters)
    I might be doing the same book as you, normally its characters but I haven't seen any past papers. Do you know where I can find any please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I'm doing 'Como Agua Para Chocolate' by Laura Esquivel, and I'm also studying Mujeres Al Borde De Un Ataque De Nervios, the film.

What are the predictions for the Lit essay questions? I can't remember what came up in the sample paper and June 2010.
    u got any tips or revision notes for como agua para chocolate?
    hope u can share

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2011

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.