Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by copito1993)
    I might be doing the same book as you, normally its characters but I haven't seen any past papers. Do you know where I can find any please?
    Only one I have is the one from last year on techniques, but I doubt they'll do the same thing two years in a row.
    At least I hope not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tajmahal)
    u got any tips or revision notes for como agua para chocolate?
    hope u can share
    Not so much, apart from the ones on sparknotes. I'm leaning more towards writing about Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios really. It seems easier to write about than CAPC which is quite limited, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harlequingirl)
    Only one I have is the one from last year on techniques, but I doubt they'll do the same thing two years in a row.
    At least I hope not.
    I sincerely hope not because I've not revised techniques at all.

ReputationRep:
    Can we take our book (for the lit part) into the exam? Im under the impression that we can't. My teacher never said :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRANovi)
    Can we take our book (for the lit part) into the exam? Im under the impression that we can't. My teacher never said :/
    No. I did it last year and you can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I sincerely hope not because I've not revised techniques at all.
    Well no, me either. But then I only just discovered the event one is even an option and apparently that's very possible . =s

ReputationRep:
    Well no, me either. But then I only just discovered the event one is even an option and apparently that's very possible . =s
    I might walk out if event comes up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I might walk out if event comes up!
    Oh, God, me too. 3 years I've been doing A-level spanish, not one mention of writing about an event. I've just had a go at writing an event essay and it's literally the worst thing I've ever written.
    URGH I was so positive about this exam earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, God, me too. 3 years I've been doing A-level spanish, not one mention of writing about an event. I've just had a go at writing an event essay and it's literally the worst thing I've ever written.
    URGH I was so positive about this exam earlier.
    By event do you mean the whole 'choose an extract from the novel or film' thing? Cause that's not too bad. Just pick the most interesting scene and talk about how it contributes to the success of the work.

Does anyone have any kinda last minute translation things, like key things to remember.
    e.g. acabar de - to have just done something
    estar en punto de - to be about to do something

I'm trying to cram :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purpleflute)
    Going a bit mad with spanish revision,
    not an event but like a chapter or scene, so you would choose one from your book, play or film and analyse its importance on the rest of the book play or film.
    I think that one isn't too bad but i would really like context, as we have done loads on that. I study Como Agua para Chocolate and there is loads to say on the mexican revolucion and possion of women ect.
    I am sure it will be fine!
    hope u can share

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Hi have this tomorrow I am looking for the June 2010 and January 2011 past papers. Does anyone have them. Thanks

I'm doing Como Agua para Chocolate

I've read that book so if you need any help, let me know.
    heyy...
    tienes apuntes para como agua para chocolate?
    por cierto...soy de canarias

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by copito1993)
    I might be doing the same book as you, normally its characters but I haven't seen any past papers. Do you know where I can find any please?
    hope u can share

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itmightbefriday)
    By event do you mean the whole 'choose an extract from the novel or film' thing? Cause that's not too bad. Just pick the most interesting scene and talk about how it contributes to the success of the work.

Does anyone have any kinda last minute translation things, like key things to remember.

Yeah, I can't do that though. I'm really bad at all this literature rubbish. I would have no idea what to talk about. Would you like describe the scene first? For a whole paragraph? Cos I take a long time to describe things. Then how would you say it contributes to the success of it?
    Sorry. =p

ReputationRep:
    heyy...
    tienes apuntes para como agua para chocolate?
    por cierto...soy de canarias
    nope, check sparknotes

ReputationRep:
    hope u can share
    Well I geuss just make sure you know everything about the 5 topics
    so Themes - i would do duty and responcibility and supernatural
    Characters - do Tita, and use aspect of mama elena
    Context - mexican revolution and possition of women in sociery
    Chapter or event - erm so i would do the matches bit and explain its imporance
    and styles and techiques - magical realism, we look at the film more so we use music and camera angels

Get loads of quotes - Tita and mama Elena

Hope this helps!

Good luck tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purpleflute)
    Well I geuss just make sure you know everything about the 5 topics
    so Themes - i would do duty and responcibility and supernatural
    Characters - do Tita, and use aspect of mama elena
    Context - mexican revolution and possition of women in sociery
    Chapter or event - erm so i would do the matches bit and explain its imporance
    and styles and techiques - magical realism, we look at the film more so we use music and camera angels

Get loads of quotes - Tita and mama Elena

Hope this helps!

Good luck tomorrow
    thanks...wish u the same...

i hope the novel is fresh in my mind after some heavy revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itmightbefriday)

Yes but it's not necessarily going to be "choose the most important event of the book," it could be something like "discuss the significance of the ending."

ReputationRep:
    Don't talk about the exam. Edexcel is a global exam board, some people are yet to sit the exam. You must wait till at least Midnight to be able to discuss the exam.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.