Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got an architecture interview at UCA tomorrow and I have no idea what to wear! I got into all my other choices without interviews so this is my first and last one. I don't know if it's supposed to be smart or just smart casual or anything because architecture is academic and arty at the same time :s
    Thanks x
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    During the application process I went to my only interview in jeans, trainers and a shirt although most other people were far smarter dressed than I. It's probably better to just be safe and go smart if you're worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I think I'm going to go with smart casual :s Whatever that is lol

ReputationRep:
    Most universities will say somewhere that it's an informal chat or that smart wear is not required. I would suggest wearing clean smart/casual clothes though.

Personally I wore black jeans (straight fit) and a checkered shirt for my interviews. I was interviewing for computer science though, where applicants are more *delicate* than the norm. Lots of lost looking teenagers with wispy never shaven beards and mother bought combat trousers .

ReputationRep:
    Dress how you normally would, just make sure it's appropriate and you're clean.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.