Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, this is my first post on thestudentroom!

I've been working with an extended essay topic of : "Vitalities of different elements in the growth of lemna (duckweed)"

I used Sach culture. Each container has one nutrient missing, and I've been dealing with lack of N, lack of K, P, and Ca. Ive been showing results both quantitative and qualitative. Quantitatively, there were growths of lemna (counting the leaflets). Qualitatively, the colour and general appearnce.

But the problem was that, in a mere week or so, all the water in the beakers had evaporated!. If I were to cover it up with cling film, I would be blocking CO2. I was thinking of using NaHCO3 instead of water as a source of CO2. But I fear that It'll screw up my results. Also, I found out about a 'capillary paper' which lets in gases, but prevents water from evaporating.
    My advisor insists that I should find a different topic.

Can you please help me think of:

a) a new topic inwhich an experiment can beperformed at home and shows good results within a short period of time

or

b)A way to improve my previously failed lab??

PLEAAASE HELP!!!! My deadline is approaching!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.