Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Is anyone aware of decent (and free) software to check my report for plagiarism? Hope someone can help and thanks in advance.

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    Hello!

Is anyone aware of decent (and free) software to check my report for plagiarism? Hope someone can help and thanks in advance.

Aw I thought you were offering some...

I found this: http://ed.grammarly.com/editor/view/?f=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaskade)

LOL (i knew it wud work!) ..... i'l chek the link rite now, thnaks! :yy:

ReputationRep:

That's not a plagirism software, it just tells you how to improve your grammar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)
    I think your right. It just finishd scannin my work, now its complete and wants me to sign up tho ufff......

https://ed.grammarly.com/register/signup/report_pale/

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Hello!

ReputationRep:
    rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsamemario666)
    Hello!

LOL!!! puzzled for a moment then i tthough what??? i like wat u did ther

ReputationRep:
    This would be good if someone can share.

ReputationRep:
    don't understand why you should be checking for plagiarism anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Urm, it does tell you if it detects plagiarized text.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    don't understand why you should be checking for plagiarism anyway?

it's part of the uni guidlines, we have to check it (final yr report) for plagiarism and the score must be under a certain %. I have access to a uni software, but you only get 2 atttempts becuase they pay a subscription i think..... if you can help please do.

ReputationRep:
    LOL (i knew it wud work!) ..... i'l chek the link rite now, thnaks! :yy:
    Cheeky... :P

Nah, it's a scam, tried it myself - sorry!
    Nah, it does claim to do plagerism BUT I just did it myself and it makes you sign up for a free trial with your card:cheeky:

I then did some searches and apparently it's a scam! So don't use it anyone..

ReputationRep:
    Cheeky... :P

Nah, it's a scam, tried it myself - sorry!

Nah, it does claim to do plagerism BUT I just did it myself and it makes you sign up for a free trial with your card:cheeky:

I then did some searches and apparently it's a scam! So don't use it anyone..
    Yeh i figured it a scam too... please post any links if you ever find any

ReputationRep:
    http://www.duplichecker.com/

Here's one that I have used in the past. Can't do large amounts of text at one time so best to input a few paragraphs each time you search

ReputationRep:
    sorry if im stating the obvious.. but surely you should know if you have plagiarized or not?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosmof)
    sorry if im stating the obvious.. but surely you should know if you have plagiarized or not?!
    Not necessarily. You may not realise that a way you have explained things in your own words are the same on the internet, which would mean any examiner believing it to be copied from the website rather than it being in your own words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack0893)
    [COLOR="Black"]Not necessarily. You may not realise that a way you have explained things in your own words are the same on the internet, which would mean any examiner believing it to be copied from the website rather than it being in your own words.[/COLOR]
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    Honey contains bacteria which can produce toxin in a baby’s intestine leading to infant botulism which is a very serious illness. It’s best not to give babies honey until they over 1year.

ReputationRep:
    Honey contains bacteria which can produce toxin in a baby’s intestine leading to infant botulism which is a very serious illness. It’s best not to give babies honey until they over 1year.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.