I am supposed to be writing an essay, but my brain is refusing to co-operate and my eyes are wandering around the room. Starting to think about how much of a nightmare packing all of this stuff will be at the end of the year....
Anyway! I have brought up to uni things that seemed like a good idea at the time, but I have never used once. Post your own list of pointless things, and perhaps it will be a cathartic act that will remind you not to bring it up again next year.
1. A little 30cm tall wooden artists' mannequin. (What was I thinking I'd need that for?)
2. A grand total of 86 books. (Most of which I have already read anyway, and weigh a freakin' ton... why did I bring them with me?! I felt bad leaving them at home... including three dictionaries - IS ONE NOT ENOUGH!?)
3. Balls of wool (Guess I thought I was going to learn knitting at some point?)
4. Bunting (misspelt 'happy bihthday' bunting)
5. A fuzz factory (but no guitar or amp to use it with)
6. Last year's work - thought I'd need it, totally didn't.
7. A single chopstick
8. A map of campus (as if I'd completely forget over the summer)
9. Bringing absolutely no cooking equipment other than a teacup.
10. A single curtain (hung it up anyway out of a sense of duty)
Turn on thread page Beta
10 Pointless things you brought with you to uni watch
- Thread Starter
- 11-04-2011 19:56
- PS Reviewer
- 11-04-2011 20:23
Probably ten random books I've not used from the many I brought with me, but they may have been useful and may at some other point so they are not really pointless. I do have some old simcards, a couple of phones I don't use and a few pairs of jeans that don't fit me.
I took almost everything I own that wasn't furniture, or simply not useful or needed at university - all of which went into storage.
- 13-04-2011 07:45
10 items is too challenging to think of.
I have 3 ringbinder folders...haven't even used one, lol.
My Doctor Who action figure.
Combined pin- and whiteboard. My flatmate wrote on it. Once. Haven't used it at all since. (Shame, because it has the potential to be very useful.)
A mini safe. (Again, great idea, but it never got used after fresher's week.)
AA batteries. I have nothing to put them in. (This was my mom's idea, though.)
Most of my wardrobe, unfortunately.