Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from both Queen Mary and Warwick Universities for the M100 course, LLB law. I'm now deciding about which one to firm...if you have studied, or are studying, law at Warwick do you enjoy yourself there, or if you had the chance would you go to Queen Mary? And why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curly_wurly)
    I have offers from both Queen Mary and Warwick Universities for the M100 course, LLB law. I'm now deciding about which one to firm...if you have studied, or are studying, law at Warwick do you enjoy yourself there, or if you had the chance would you go to Queen Mary? And why?
    There are a fair number of Law firmers in this thread who may be able to convince you to come to Warwick :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I definitely encourage you to choose Warwick. The 'Law in Context' approach has always interested me, the campus looks gorgeous and I'm loving the look of the Arts Centre. As an international student I have to rely on mostly hearsay and talks from when the universities visit but I've always had a good impression of the university and it seems to fit me as a person better. Not to put Queen Mary down or anything but I have heard things about the area being quite rough! But it must be different living in London than living in the countryside. Either way hope to see you at Warwick come September!

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    im also in a similar position. except im deciding between warwick, durham, soas and queenmary for m100!
    but between the two you should definitely chose warwick. on rankings alone it is much higher. also it has many pros- the student life, education, its being a campus college etc.
    if you have a chance, you should definitely visit the colleges! it is very helpful.

let me know what you chose! we might just end up in the same college!

ReputationRep:

I would say come to Warwick, Not at all in a bias perspective but I to held an offer for Law&Politics at Queen Mary and an offer from Warwick for Politics. I called all the MC firms and regardless of Queen Mary being third in the country for Law they (being Freshfields, Allen and Overy etc) they would most likely to recruit from Warwick. Warwick is more targeted by major firms. Even if you don't want to go into law still choose Warwick there are better career perspectives for you.

I hope I helped Let me know what you chose!

ReputationRep:
    For many reasons stated above - Warwick. Loads of people champion QMUL, but when push comes to shove it's NOT as established as other law schools. Similar QM campus is nice, but the area of London which it is situated is not at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draikzer)
    For many reasons stated above - Warwick. Loads of people champion QMUL, but when push comes to shove it's NOT as established as other law schools. Similar QM campus is nice, but the area of London which it is situated is not at all.
    You have no idea, I went there for a law open day and there was a shooting so the bus 25 was on diversion! UGH! It's such a terrible area!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I've firmed Warwick for M100. It's an absolutely fabulous law school, friendly lecturers, seems likes one big family to me! The prestige, wide range of modules outside of the Core topics, it's 'law in context' approach. To me I see Warwick as the law school with an edge. If you firm it join the University of Warwick Law Firmers thread!! Choose Warwick!!!!!!!!!

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.