Turn on thread page Beta

If you took a drug once when you were younger, could you still beocme a Pilot? watch

ReputationRep:
    Say if at the age of 17 someone took Cocane one time, could they still become an airline pilot after Uni? I know it's a really suspocious question, but I am enquiring for a friend of mine.

ReputationRep:
    You're enquiring for a friend = You're embarrassed about asking such a stupid question.

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't you be able to? As long as its out of your system, both literally and you are over it and know you won't be re-taking it, then why not?

ReputationRep:
    Your 'friend' you say?

Well as long as they didn't take Charlie Sheen, they should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get caught? I don't think you employers are going to know whether you took coke once 4 years ago otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Bang a few line's down you son! You will be all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Did you get caught? I don't think you employers are going to know whether you took coke once 4 years ago otherwise.
    Nope. Em, he hasn't took it yet. Was thinking about it...or somethin'

ReputationRep:
    If 'your friend' has any sort of record where it's mentioned - almost definitely not.

Any other circumstances - it can be your (sorry, 'their') dirty little secret.

They don't look that far into your background, and as long as it wouldn't show up on a medical, it's fine-ish.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's alright as I assume this was a one off thing that your friend did out of curiosity. Most people I think try it at some point.
    Plus, unless your friend tells them that they did it once then how on earth will they know?

Your friend will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    nah, it'll be in your system forever. unlucky mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helsy)
    Most people I think try it at some point.
    Most people try cocaine at some point? Really?

Dunno where you live....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahrascal)
    nah, it'll be in your system forever. unlucky mate.
    this^... he's ruined his life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Most people try cocaine at some point? Really?

Dunno where you live....
    Not cocaine specifically, but I think I know quite a few people who've taken the occasional drug at a party.

I live in... um... a lovely place... full of wonderful, polite people.

ReputationRep:
    Cocaine is a fairly serious drug to be taking, what possessed you to take it?

I'd not feel comfortable if someone who has a history of taking mind altering drugs was flying a plane I was in..

ReputationRep:
    As long as it doesn't show up on the compulsory medical that you have to take before you can become a commercial pilot, and as long as you weren't arrested or officially cautioned or whatnot for it, then you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Does he plan on turning himself in at the local constabulary immediately afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TsarLZ)
    Cocaine is a fairly serious drug to be taking, what possessed you to take it?

I'd not feel comfortable if someone who has a history of taking mind altering drugs was flying a plane I was in..
    :curious: Good job cocaine isn't mind-altering then, eh.

ReputationRep:
    "Cocaine is a strong central nervous system stimulant that increases levels of dopamine, a brain chemical (or neurotransmitter)"

"With repeated use, cocaine can cause long-term changes in the brain’s reward system and in other brain systems as well, which may eventually lead to addiction."

Just a few quotes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureMedic!)
    this^... he's ruined his life!
    kids these days, so naive, they have no idea...

ReputationRep:
    May as well drink a **** load of coffee, it will have about the same effect as a few lines of coke.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.