Turn on thread page Beta

Which bag!?!? I'm spending all the money I have left on either one of these. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I was hoping for some insight into these little badboys. I can only afford one and torn really. Both from Nica and I'd love something that goes with everything, shopping, work, Uni, you name it.

The bigger one:http://www.nica.co.uk/product/martha-martha-portfolio
    The smaller one:http://www.nica.co.uk/product/alicia-alicia-satchel-1

Reasons for buying each: The bigger one (Martha portfolio) has absolutely gorgeous detailing, but is a lot bigger than your regular carry around handbag. The darker smaller one is simpler, lacking the detail but smaller than the Portfolio satchel.

What do you reckon?

Cheers ladies (and gents, I'm not discriminatory).

Katy xx

ReputationRep:
    Save yourself some money and go to Primark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linka1)
    Hello.

I was hoping for some insight into these little badboys. I can only afford one and torn really. Both from Nica and I'd love something that goes with everything, shopping, work, Uni, you name it.

The bigger one:http://www.nica.co.uk/product/martha-martha-portfolio
    The smaller one:http://www.nica.co.uk/product/alicia-alicia-satchel-1

Reasons for buying each: The bigger one (Martha portfolio) has absolutely gorgeous detailing, but is a lot bigger than your regular carry around handbag. The darker smaller one is simpler, lacking the detail but smaller than the Portfolio satchel.

What do you reckon?

Cheers ladies (and gents, I'm not discriminatory).

Katy xx
    i really love the martha portfolio one the other one is just too simple and looks like something u can get from shops like Primark or others no offence !

ReputationRep:
    The portfolio one imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekylouisex3)
    Save yourself some money and go to Primark
    Well see, that's the problem, all the cheap bags I've bought have all fallen apart and now I just want to buy one decent does-everything bag The other bag corpses are now all over my bedroom floor in need of repair or some sort of throwing out. And I give up stuffing all the things I own into my coat pockets. The bulges are a little unsightly

ReputationRep:
    As a guy who doesn't give a **** but just wanted to see how much you were going to spend, I say number 2. If you only have that much money left, maybe you should save it haha

ReputationRep:
    I love the Martha Portfolio one! Want!!

Unless it's awkwardly big or has some other flaw not shown in the picture, then get that one. Even though it's cheaper, I don't think the price of the smaller one is justified really. They're both quite lovely though.

& yeah. If you really only have that much money left, consider using a carrier bag and spending your money on something more essential. Like food?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    As a guy who doesn't give a **** but just wanted to see how much you were going to spend, I say number 2. If you only have that much money left, maybe you should save it haha

SCORE. I managed to get a guy to comment on a handbag post. I would be very proud if I were you.

Also, the money thing. I might just go elsewhere and not spend money on a 'only-half-wanted-to-buy-it' bag than go for the cheaper hmmm/

As for all other replies, thank you, yes the portfolio is yum, isn't it?

John Lewis do it for cheaper. Woop!
    x

ReputationRep:
    The Martha Portfolio one!

ReputationRep:
    i love them both! there sooooooo pretty!
    i think id go for the bigger one personally, just looks a bit more special. plus im always buying little bags then getting annoyed with them because i cant fit everything in! lol
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dusty12)
    I love the Martha Portfolio one! Want!!

Unless it's awkwardly big or has some other flaw not shown in the picture, then get that one. Even though it's cheaper, I don't think the price of the smaller one is justified really. They're both quite lovely though.

& yeah. If you really only have that much money left, consider using a carrier bag and spending your money on something more essential. Like food?

It is BEAUTIFUL in real life. I went and 'had a feel' at the local department store and portfolio was stunning. Not overly massive, also the clasp is so fun. Might start getting pissed off with it though

Also, the financial situation is this: I am a finalist and I have already paid for College accom and food/bills etc ahead I'm loving the concern from you all for my wellbeing and being upfront about the fact that maybe my last bit of cash isn't being spent frivolously.

I also have a job lined up but obv can't spend what I have not yet earned!!

So panic over, I am not a shopping addict and if I had family, I would feed them first over buying a bag.

Haha x

ReputationRep:
    I definitely prefer the Alicia Satchel, the Martha one looks like one of about a bajillion my grandma can't stop buying for herself.

ReputationRep:
    Save some more and get A Chanel bag !

ReputationRep:
    Well see, that's the problem, all the cheap bags I've bought have all fallen apart and now I just want to buy one decent does-everything bag The other bag corpses are now all over my bedroom floor in need of repair or some sort of throwing out. And I give up stuffing all the things I own into my coat pockets. The bulges are a little unsightly

this is the exact kind of attitude that more people need. quality over quantity. Get a bag that'll last you a few years; not just a few months. not only will it work out cheaper.. you own't have to wear something that looks tacky and cheap.

cambridge satchels do amazing ones and really not much more expensive than the,, and they'll definitely last
    & its only a bonus that when i googled them, it turns out they were featured in vogue.

http://www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    neither of them tickle my fancy but the second would probably go with more

ReputationRep:
    none!

ReputationRep:
    They're both lovely. I'ver had a nica bag in purple velvet for over two years now, and it's holding up really well.. use it almost everyday too.

ReputationRep:
    It is BEAUTIFUL in real life. I went and 'had a feel' at the local department store and portfolio was stunning. Not overly massive, also the clasp is so fun. Might start getting pissed off with it though

Also, the financial situation is this: I am a finalist and I have already paid for College accom and food/bills etc ahead I'm loving the concern from you all for my wellbeing and being upfront about the fact that maybe my last bit of cash isn't being spent frivolously.

I also have a job lined up but obv can't spend what I have not yet earned!!

So panic over, I am not a shopping addict and if I had family, I would feed them first over buying a bag.

Haha x
    Ah good! Now that we've clarified that you won't in fact be living on the streets in poverty because of this purchase, then definitely get it!

You're right anyway; it's loads better to buy one good bag than lots of useless ones that break in the first week.

ReputationRep:
    1) ugly
    2) is ok, but I wouldn't pay £50 for it

ReputationRep:
    I've seen both in real life btw,

I'd go with the 2nd as the only reason I'd get the 1st is so I could take my notebook to uni and it would fit, however I tried and it doesn't fit an A4 notebook in it also I prefer the colour of the 2nd

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.