Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hi,

This is my first relationship that's going to come up to a year so I want to make it as special as possible. Thing is, I don't have an awful amount of money (and anyway I'd like to make it as personal as possible). I can't really do a photo album or anything because we don't actually have any pictures together!

I know it's a bit trivial but any help would be great, thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you were a guy, I'd be suggesting this:
    http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video/****-in-a-box

How about taking him to an expensive restaurant?
    In fact, there's a great one called la poule au pot
    read a review here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...taurant-review

It's not that expensive compared to Michelin starred restaurants but it's certainly an experience (a unique rustic, French feel that I've never seen anywhere else).

I hope that was of some help, it's actually all I can think of.

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree with going to a restaurant

Also, take some photos! That way you can remember your anniversary and save them t build up that album!

ReputationRep:
    I was in this situation last week, I just went for a little present (skullcandies in my case) and took her out for a meal . It seemed to go down pretty well

ReputationRep:
    make him a cake. Gotta love cake. not too expensive and you can ice them/it really nicely. Look at Hummingbird Bakery!

ReputationRep:
    For our anniversaries my boyfriend and I have bought each other personal stuff relating to our relationship. For our first anniversary I bought him a big photo of us in a nice picture frame, and he got me a big toy lion from the rainforest cafe because we have a joke about lions. Do you have any private jokes that you could turn into a present?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becomingbindy)
    For our anniversaries my boyfriend and I have bought each other personal stuff relating to our relationship. For our first anniversary I bought him a big photo of us in a nice picture frame, and he got me a big toy lion from the rainforest cafe because we have a joke about lions. Do you have any private jokes that you could turn into a present?
    This is a good idea Me and my bf always do jokey presents like that! We now have an ongoing thing about windup toys, i bought him some racing meerkats last time haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahoward)
    This is a good idea Me and my bf always do jokey presents like that! We now have an ongoing thing about windup toys, i bought him some racing meerkats last time haha!
    I bought my boyfriend racing meerkats too the other day because we always joke about meerkats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becomingbindy)
    I bought my boyfriend racing meerkats too the other day because we always joke about meerkats!
    Paha! theyre amazing! I may convince him to have a mass wind up toy race haha! Its amazing how many things you can actually buy for cheap that mean stuff to the relationship, you just need to think about on going jokes and stuff!

ReputationRep:
    I ordered my boyfriend a big box of doughnuts to his university address

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.