x Turn on thread page Beta

What would make your parents dissapointed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    They're pretty laid back, but they'd be disappointed if I:

-Got a girl pregnant before I'm 25ish
    -Took illegal drugs
    -Covered myself in tattoos
    -Married someone super religious (as we're not religious at all)
    -Didn't bother with my education

That's about it really. They don't care about drinking (as long as I don't get myself into much of a state!), and I don't smoke so they don't really have to worry about that.

For 'older' parents, mine are pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winning11)
    lmao i just realised that i could check who quoted me... i just changed the settings..
    btw i didn't read what you wrote, but i hope venting made you feel better... you wasted a lot of time typing but you must have felt at ease afterwards
    Much better, actually

Why did it double-post?

ReputationRep:
    Having had an alcoholic in the family (not one of my parents), too much drinking would probably top the list.

ReputationRep:
    I think my Dad would be disappointed in me if I was disappointed in myself. I guess what I mean, is that I think if I didn't make the most of the situation and regretted it, he'd almost feel disappointed for me - which makes me feel bad anyway, it's a horrible feeling.

ReputationRep:

If I did this, they'd probably be a bit pissed. They didn't bring us up as losers...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.