Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I took my RE GCSE in year 10, it was edexcel I think..
    My whole year had to do the short course (Unit B) but me and a few others did the full course (Unit H aswell).. I got an A*. When everybody else taking the short course got their certificates, I only got the short course certificate rather than the full. I spoke to my exams office at school and they said they'd send it back for it to be converted into the full GCSE but it'd take a while.
    I never heard anything back. I spoke to my school's head of RE who told me to write him a note saying what had happened. I did and he said he'd get it sorted, but I haven't heard anything back and this was about 6 months ago.
    I'm now in year 12 and it's really annoying me that I still haven't got this certificate. It's not too late, is it? And what should I do? My school don't seem to care or be very efficient so is it best I contact the exam board? How do I go about doing that?


    Contact them (phone or email) and explain your situation

    hope this helps

    Keep nagging them, they were probably just giving you an answer to make you stop, they might take you seriously if you persist!
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.