Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Panorama: Iran & The issue of Torture watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    In that case SHUT UP and think about what you want to say and how it might offend a nation when posting something. Back in the days? You don't need to teach us about what happened back in the days in Mexico or States. And it had nothing to do with what OP was trying to say.
    okay then.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorld!)
    Oh, because I thought you were saying that all the actions of the regime were because of Islam.
    No but every move and decision of Government in Iran (according to themselves) is for the satisfaction of Allah and for Islam's benefit.
    So if gay people are executed, God (or Allah) will be satisfied!!! and Islam will benefit from taking away lives of 2 people who didn't didn't steal, didn't murder, didn't rape but had their choice of sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    the iranian government use islam as an 'excuse' to do what they are doing, it's pretty sad . and It's NOT to do with the culture... the government of iran is NOt the culture of iran, the culture of iran is the iranian people and I think you pretty much know by now that the iranian people (most of them) are DIFFERENT and SEPARATE from the government

ReputationRep:
    No but every move and decision of Government in Iran (according to themselves) is for the satisfaction of Allah and for Islam's benefit.
    So if gay people are executed, God (or Allah) will be satisfied!!! and Islam will benefit from taking away lives of 2 people who didn't didn't steal, didn't murder, didn't rape but had their choice of sexuality.
    But they are corrupt though in the same way as Saudi Arabia, I mean they say that women are not allowed to drive which is ridiculous, yet they let their princesses drive, it’s hypocritical! The other day i was reading some quotes by ayatollah Khamenei and they were so disturbing i think their fake i mean he described what animals you were allowed to sleep with and that you are allowed to have sex with baby girls. I am sure that is fake?

But the way they treat Gay people is horrid, i mean coming from a Muslim background it is one thing i have never been able to reconcile myself to. It is barbaric. Although some Muslims say that they Quran doesn’t say the word homosexual and that it only condemns the actions of the people of Lot who used to rape travellers?

ReputationRep:
    In before sixthformer turns a blind eye to this because the Iranian regime is perfect in her eyes or declares that it's fine because Iran opposes America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorld!)
    But they are corrupt though in the same way as Saudi Arabia, I mean they say that women are not allowed to drive which is ridiculous, yet they let their princesses drive, it’s hypocritical! The other day i was reading some quotes by ayatollah Khamenei and they were so disturbing i think their fake i mean he described what animals you were allowed to sleep with and that you are allowed to have sex with baby girls. I am sure that is fake?

But the way they treat Gay people is horrid, i mean coming from a Muslim background it is one thing i have never been able to reconcile myself to. It is barbaric. Although some Muslims say that they Quran doesn’t say the word homosexual and that it only condemns the actions of the people of Lot who used to rape travellers?
    Yes I don't think it directly mentions homosexuals. But again, it is the wrong interpretations over thousands of years that makes the most peaceful and cleanest of religions into a horrible radical and aggressive order of living.
    And about the animal intercourse thing, I'm not surprised if it's not fake. Because this sentence (below) is true and it's so ludicrous I put it in my facebook favourite quotations :
    If there is an animal, which eats excretion, and a sheep, which has been nursed by a she-pig, and an animal with which a human being has had sexual intercourse its excreta is impure. :facepalm:

The question is why on Earth should a human being want to have sexual intercourse with a sheep who was raised by a she-pig?
    Or would the excreta be pure if someone has intercourse with a sheep who was nursed by a hippopotamus supposedly?:iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I don't think it directly mentions homosexuals. But again, it is the wrong interpretations over thousands of years that makes the most peaceful and cleanest of religions into a horrible radical and aggressive order of living.
    And about the animal intercourse thing, I'm not surprised if it's not fake. Because this sentence (below) is true and it's so ludicrous I put it in my facebook favourite quotations :
    If there is an animal, which eats excretion, and a sheep, which has been nursed by a she-pig, and an animal with which a human being has had sexual intercourse its excreta is impure. :facepalm:
    I know what you mean about interpretations, I didnt think there were so many but the arabic can be interpreted differently. Some saudi arabian Imams said that protesting a ruler is haram, i mean doesnt Islam encourage rising up against oppression, how the hell did they come up with that!

Omg that quote made me lol, he is crazy! Its just unbelievable.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.