Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok so i have a naturally big bum - well in comparison to the rest of my body anyway. I'm I'm a size 10 on top and size 12 with jeans. Anyway 2 years ago my bum wasn't as wide, it just stuck out. Now it is a lot wider. Why is this? Could it be because of weight gain or genetics? I really want a smaller, less narrow bum. How do i achieve this? Will my bum become less wider if I lose weight? Also, is a wide bum considered unattractive?

ReputationRep:
    Dial 1-800-Mix-A-Lot, he'll know.

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Pics.

ReputationRep:
    Don't fight it...

ReputationRep:
    Please don't make it smaller!

ReputationRep:
    cos you fat?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's because of what you've been eating, if you wanna tone it do exercise that emphasizes on the bum like going on a cross trainer, skipping or running.

ReputationRep:
    Lay off the pies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so i have a naturally big bum - well in comparison to the rest of my body anyway. I'm I'm a size 10 on top and size 12 with jeans. Anyway 2 years ago my bum wasn't as wide, it just stuck out. Now it is a lot wider. Why is this? Could it be because of weight gain or genetics? I really want a smaller, less narrow bum. How do i achieve this? Will my bum become less wider if I lose weight? Also, is a wide bum considered unattractive?
    pics

ReputationRep:
    i have wide hips an a sticky out bum too, but im not fat have a tiny waist and fairly big boobs and i always get told i have a nice figure, even if im not too happy with it!

ive always been told you cant target areas to lose weight so you may aswell just be happy with what youv got!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, i don't think i've ever seen so many unhelpful replies in one thread.....
    really tempted to just add another one now but that seems a bit hypocritical so;
    it could be genetic or it could be due to weight, it varies from person to person
    you can try going to the gym or losing weight another way but it isn't guaranteed to help
    i don't know if it looks unattractive as that varies from person to person too but with only 1 size different it doesnt sound too bad so i wouldnt worry that much
    it might be genetic if other people n your family have a similar trait, you could check that
    attractiveness might also depend on if that extends to wide hips
    its nice to have curves, you dont want a narrow bum plus it'll make your waist look smaller

just a random mix of comments here, hope some of them are vaguely helpful

ReputationRep:
    Puberty. Women's hips get wider; some more than others.

ReputationRep:
    lemme say this again...

http://www.gtfo.ro/wp-content/upload...ts-or-gtfo.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler.)
    Pics.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I'm more worried about the tent in my pants atm..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.