Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well i am all revised out i know as much as i can now before tomorrow, hope we all do well

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone got on ok!

ReputationRep:
    I am so relieved its over, shame i have to wait 3 weeks for an answer. I found the group work harder than the individual interview, i think i came across as too nervous when we had to present to the group. But i was myself and hopefully i showed that i was a nice person and how much i want to be a nurse. Keep thinking of things i should have said / done differently but time will tell now x

ReputationRep:
    I found the team work hard as well.. I wasn`t happy with myself at all.. Too nervous and probably I`ve blown it, I guess.. :confused:
    I was so much more happy with the interview, found it relaxing and the ladies who were interviewing me were soooo nice.. and the questions were the ones I hoped for..

I am not sure what to expect at all.. just wait and see.. good luck for us all
    ...and come back here to let us know whether you got a place!

ReputationRep:
    were you in group 1,2 or 3? i was in 1.
    I think i did ok on the individual interview though only had one lady interviewing me, she seemed really nice though and i felt relaxed and was able to answer the questions though felt i could have got more in of what i practised but what will be

ReputationRep:
    Morgan, I was in group 3 applying for adult nursing

they said that the interviews were to last about 5mins.. I was there for nearly 30mins... and I was the very last as well.. all people were gone when they finally let me go..
    I really think it went fine, I`m just afraid my group performance wasn`t really enough.. nerves ate me

ReputationRep:
    i was one of the first for the individual interviews it only lasted 5 mins, wish i had had more time to talk, so much i wanted to say to show them how much i wanted it, well fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    I just got my UCAS update... I was offered a place for sept 2012 :confused:

and it`s a conditional offer-I must SATISFACTORILY COMPLETE REQUIREMENTS OF APEL PORTFOLIO until June 2011 and then I might get a place for sure..

I should be happy probably, but I really wanted to start this year.
    I`m a bit disappointed, to be honest..

anyone got a place for this year`s course??

ReputationRep:
    I've heard nothing yet they said after the bank holiday didn't they u have done great well done you stigma! Can't believe I've not heard that's a bad sign
    So what have u got to complete by then? I bet your so pleased the time will fly by till then x

ReputationRep:
    Morgan, I know they said that we should check only after 2 weeks.. I`ve benn checking every day, though

don`t worry-it`s not a bad sign that you haven`t heard anything yet.. I`m sure not all people got reply at the same time, that`s all.. Besides, maybe you`ll get a place for this year.. and that`s even better-so just wait until Tuesday, Friday at latest.. they must send offer till then..
    and let us know how things went

I need to wait now for some forms from them.. the APEL thing.. I hope it won`t be that bad... And that after all my effort and time I spent on preparing to application/interview they won`t just reject me at this point..
    that would be harsh

ReputationRep:
    What is the APEL thing? Never heard of it. I haven't checked ucas but would usually get an email if there is a change on there so just gonna wait for that.
    I am hoping I get a place even for year after I just want to have a start date. You have done really well

ReputationRep:
    Morgan, I had no idea what was APEL either.. found some info, though and it seems that it is a form where you put all relevant information including what you`ve studied before, how can you transfer those skills/abilities to nursing course.. they also ask about hours you`ve done in patient related work voluntary or not..
    at least that what people say..
    here are some details about APEL as well
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/nursing/study/a...tion/apel.aspx

and that`s what I`ve been told by another person from different topic in Student`s Room:
    "The bloody APEL thing is really annoying. It's basicly a portfolio of evidence from your first degree and any work experiance you have that can prove you meet some of the requirements for entery onto the course. Such as having a degree i kid you not they want me to include things like module aims and objectives and things when i think a degree certificate and a grade breakdown covers what i studied nicely. So Job descriptions, copies of old course work things like that get included in it. The university should send you a list of points its meant to cover. My year had to do it after we had been accepted and started the course. Most of us still havent finished it."

I though at first that it was some kind of essay type of portfolio, but it seems to be more of a fill-in type of form where you just put things about yourself, your education, experience etc

I hope its going to be the last bit they need

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame you couldn't fill it in for this year but it's great news you have a place they obviasly believe u have the right qualities for the course and nursing which is fab!
    What experience do you have then I don't have much so that's going to go against me

ReputationRep:
    I`ve been a personal carer for about 3 years, but I don`t know whether it counts really as it was private house and private person, not any institution, hospital, nursing home etc.. and I think they are most interested in that

However, it`s diploma and they are aware that we usually have first degree in something else and we may have no experience at all in nursing related job..

..don`t worry then
    what kind of experience do you have then?

ReputationRep:
    i thought u had applied to do degree? maybe thats why i hadnt heard yet.
    I work as in the prison service and have done for 11 years but i have been volunteering at the hospital.

Do u have any idea how many places they have on the diploma and degree course, there was just so many people there and interviews have been going on so long and many people already have places i just wonder it may be harder being interviewed later in the year as wont there be less places on offer if they have given them out?

ReputationRep:
    Morgan I applied for postgraduate diploma.. 2 year full time

well, that is what I think as well-they probably given all places for those who applied and were interview earlier. They have been interviewing people since December and many of them heard back in January... and had sure places for 2011.. if they have given all places to people previously interviewed, but were still doing interviews, then it`s simply impossible to take all for this year..
    I`ve been told that instead rejecting people who they liked, they offered them places for 2012..

Personally, I think that they should first interview all people and then give places to the best ones.. Now it`s like first come first served basis-the earlier you applied, the earlier you had interview and more likely you could get place for 2011...
    well, maybe that`s my fault, cause I applied only on 14th of January.. if I had done it earlier, maybe I could have got a place for this year..

but on the other side-better 2012 than nothing

anyway-you`re right-they must have had loads of people this year.. I tried to find out how many exactly, but no one was able to tell..

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the degree most people spoke to applied for the diploma perhaps I should have looked at that. I should find out tomorrow I am hoping I am so nervous but what will be will be. I just hope I did good enough

ReputationRep:
    lol im going to sheffield hallam this september. My ones for computer security and forensics

ReputationRep:
    Morgan the reason why I`m a bit concerned about my course being deferred to next year is not only that I really wanted to start it this year, but also the fact that from 2012 they are changing uni fees for all other courses...
    I know that nursing and other medicine related courses are NHS founded.. however, with today`s cuts, we never know what to expect.. It may change any day
    the same with bursaries..

It`s clear that nursing students can`t just get a job to pay for their lives while being a student as they are expected to work 40 hrs a week at placements and having a job, even a part time is not an option..

I think they are aware of all that, but, again, you never know what`s gonna happen within a year.. those who are lucky to get a place for 2011 course can at least be sure that there will be no surprises and their fees are going to be paid as usual..

ReputationRep:
    Yes your right it is a bit of a worry about money I will just see what happens. I should hear tomorrow don't you think?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.