Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Just thought I'd let everyone know that it looks like the freshers will be 20th-26th September

hopefully that page is updated for this year!

Found a link on the bcu website http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/welcome-week

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm gonna be studying there this fall too, hopefully. Business to be specific. I've been reading a lot about the Perry Barr campus and the area not being too good. I'm now worried. Anyone can give me a little headsup about it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am also studying business at BCU in sept 2011, I was also worried about people saying perry barr is not very nice would be nice to speak to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauradelcie)
    Hi, I am also studying business at BCU in sept 2011, I was also worried about people saying perry barr is not very nice would be nice to speak to you
    Hello Laura, I'm Candy!

Yeah, that thread about Perry Barr being a dump really put me off. I hope it's a bit blown out of proportion.

Are you an Undergrad or Grad student? Also, have you decided on an accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    Im a 2nd year student there...and whilst the campus is not necessarily the most high tech and attractive, its good that you have a small shopping centre called one stop opposite. There are also good transport links to the city centre as well as an on site pub...dont let the bad reviews put u off!

ReputationRep:
    20th? On my Ucas it says the course starts september 1st

ReputationRep:
    thats just a guideline date that they put in

ReputationRep:
    hey! im starting uni and most likely going to bcu and the perry barr campus. i heard its n asian invasion dere. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aiysha.naz)
    hey! im starting uni and most likely going to bcu and the perry barr campus. i heard its n asian invasion dere. lol

Hey I applied two weeks back for a credit transfer, so just waiting for my offer now. If you've already received your offer, may I ask what the typical conditional offer is? Just trying to gauge my options as offers from other universities have started coming in, while BCU is my priority. Have applied to the BA Hons Econ and Finance programme.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to be studying at BCU perry barr campus too, going to study law hopefully. I've booked accomodation at Curzon Gateway - Block B. Anybody staying there too and studying law or going to be on the same floor as me? (2) or people travelling to perry barr also? Would be nice to know a few people lol..

ReputationRep:
    Perry Barr ain't that bad. Just don't walk alone at night. You'll spend most of your time in accom anyway, so that won't be a worry.

Oh and yeah, there's more ethnic minorites living here, than white people, so be prepared for a culture shock It ain't bad though. They don't all try to kill you and rob you like you're meant to believe.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent Anybody staying in Curzon Gateway? I'm going to be in Block B - Just trying to get to know few people, add me on facebook - Monik Pandit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused My ucas says that my course starts on the 1st september, help?! lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samoultram)
    I'm confused My ucas says that my course starts on the 1st september, help?! lol x
    They say that for all courses just as a standard date but it wont start till the end of September

ReputationRep:
    Isn't freshers a bit late? I thought it would have been mid september tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Freshers starts 19th apaz

ReputationRep:
    any one studying nursing? ..

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Midwifery, applied for accomodation in City South.

ReputationRep:
    ah! i had put that as my first choice but now i changed it to opal 1
    heard city south isnt all that

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Child Nursing, have't applied for accommodation as of yet, haven't heard very good things about City South and what is worse is there are no photographs. I'm kind of trying to find out if there are other students on my course in any other accommodation so that I know I'm not alone!lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2013
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.