Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arctic Monkeys New Song - 'Don't Sit Down 'Cause I Moved The Chair' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrubby)

There's a video. Alex looks like Liam Gallagher. Ugh. That video just made me like the song less. And the only reason people keep making comparisons to QOTSTA is because Josh Homme produced the last album and Alex said they were one of his favourite bands. It's really annoying because I don't think they've influenced them much at all. If anything they've been influenced by The Strokes far more yet nobody kicks up a fuss about that. And I think I've seen about two covers of The Strokes by them as well as the IBYLGOTDF video being a Last Nite rip off.
    When I saw them on the cover of NME last week I thought "Alex looks Mancunian!" (all Mancunians in bands look the same - Liam Gallagher, Ian Brown, Richard Ashcroft ect.). I think it was the combination of the hair and the coat. I don't like watching music videos because I find that you can see the video in your head when you listen to the song on its own.

I agree that The Strokes are a bigger influence than QOTSA. Parts of 'Cornerstone' even sound like they've been taken from 'Between Love and Hate'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.