Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just started a casual sex thing... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never done this before, but I haven't been in a proper relationship for ages so thought I'd give friends-with-benefits a go. I slept with my friend a few times and we plan to keep it going, but now I'm thinking about him lots and getting stressed about him calling/texting me enough... oh dear. There is another guy who likes me but he is quite a player. Although its completely against my nature and I'd be quite shocked at myself, I'm thinking maybe I should have sex with him too, to stop me getting emotionally involved with the original guy. What do we think?

I'm the kind of person who would never have a one night stand so this would be a bit drastic for me... but I'm finishing uni in a month or 2 so maybe its time to be a bit "crazy"? lol

ReputationRep:
    WINNING.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm sleeping with someone just to try and forget about your feelings with another person sounds tricky to me. By all means go for it, just be careful and try not to get in too deep.

ReputationRep:
    How about not sleeping with any guys until you're in a relationship? There's nothing wrong with FwB. but it looks like you're the type who can't handle it. Just tell the first guy you're getting emotionally involved, he'll either reciprocate your feeling or will see it's sensible to end it.

ReputationRep:
    Stop having sex with the person you're developing feelings for if they don't want a relationship! Messy situation.

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't seem much of a question. It seems more like you're trying to justify to yourself why you are going to sleep with 2 men at the same time.

Nothing wrong with it, you're old enough to make your own mind up. Just stop trying to convince yourself it is acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohwhatalovely)
    I'm the kind of person who would never have a one night stand so this would be a bit drastic for me... but I'm finishing uni in a month or 2 so maybe its time to be a bit crazy lol
    In other words, you want to become a slut now that you're finishing Uni?

ReputationRep:
    Do what you want. It's your life not ours.

ReputationRep:
    Shag the other guy too & then it's 'welcome to ****dome'

I wouldn't shag the playa if I were you, you might like the other guy more and he might be put off that your shagging some other playa

ReputationRep:
    Just **** whoever you want. Sex is a good thing so the more you can get the better for you.

ReputationRep:
    Oh haa, snap! I wouldn't have sex with the player until you cut it off with the first guy, unless you think that you'll be okay long-term with something that you're obviously uncomfortable with right now .. Sex is a minefield if you have trouble handling it emotionally, and in your case it might be best to keep it in your pants so that you don't do something (or someone :sexface: ) that you'll regret

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    Shag the other guy too & then it's 'welcome to ****dome'

I wouldn't shag the playa if I were you, you might like the other guy more and he might be put off that your shagging some other playa

mm, the reason I am doing fwb with the guy is I'm attracted to him but he's moving abroad after uni so getting into a relationship with him now wouldn't help anything! I just want to keep having sex with him but not worry so much about how he's feeling about me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexi99)
    just be careful and try not to get in too deep.
    innuendo!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone needs to chill down. Sleep with them both. Sleep with me. S'all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    Hmm sleeping with someone just to try and forget about your feelings with another person sounds tricky to me. By all means go for it, just be careful and try not to get in too deep.
    Im sure she wont be the one going in too deep don't worry. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wangelo)
    Im sure she wont be the one going in too deep don't worry. :awesome:
    :five:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.