Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there
    A few friends and myself are thinking of walking the west highland way up in Scotland in June/ July, camping along the way.

Anyone done it and can offer their opinions?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walkingchief)
    Hi there
    A few friends and myself are thinking of walking the west highland way up in Scotland in June/ July, camping along the way.

Anyone done it and can offer their opinions?
    Thanks
    You might get a better response in the Travel forum, I don't know if you've read other threads in Fitness but most of the people in here aren't the sort to appreciate such things.

I haven't done it myself but I know people who have and it's supposed to be a great walk - approximately a week and it's not too difficult. Beware of the midges though, if you are camping it can seem pretty much impossible to escape them, also be aware that on a lot of tents the fly net on the door to your inner tent will be too coarse to keep them out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I have completed the West Highland Way twice and it is a really great experience particularly when camping but a killer carrying all the equipment. If you really want to take in all the scenery ect and not just be thinking about the pain then there is a service where you can get your bags and such like delivered to each camp site everyday.

I would definitely recommend doing it

ReputationRep:
    It sounds jolly nice.

If midges try to bite you blow smoke on them.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies so far
    Could a moderator move this to the travel forum?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.