Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there
    A few friends and myself are thinking of walking the west highland way up in Scotland in June/ July, camping along the way.

Anyone done it and can offer their opinions?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walkingchief)
    Hi there
    A few friends and myself are thinking of walking the west highland way up in Scotland in June/ July, camping along the way.

Anyone done it and can offer their opinions?
    Thanks
    You might get a better response in the Travel forum, I don't know if you've read other threads in Fitness but most of the people in here aren't the sort to appreciate such things.

I haven't done it myself but I know people who have and it's supposed to be a great walk - approximately a week and it's not too difficult. Beware of the midges though, if you are camping it can seem pretty much impossible to escape them, also be aware that on a lot of tents the fly net on the door to your inner tent will be too coarse to keep them out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I have completed the West Highland Way twice and it is a really great experience particularly when camping but a killer carrying all the equipment. If you really want to take in all the scenery ect and not just be thinking about the pain then there is a service where you can get your bags and such like delivered to each camp site everyday.

I would definitely recommend doing it

ReputationRep:
    It sounds jolly nice.

If midges try to bite you blow smoke on them.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies so far
    Could a moderator move this to the travel forum?

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.