Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Same guy I got an STI from a year ago watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I met a guy a year ago on Student BrakeAway when we were road tripping accross europe, anyway I ended up with him one of the drunken nights and caught Chlamydia, i never mentioned it to him I just got it zapped, but hav kept in touch, this year he has invited me to come on his team for the same event ... drinking and partying for a whole week can I trust myselkf with th sort of prson who carries around chlamydia ... he might hav something worse now, or still hav it ... i know his intentions are for a 'fun' week ... I really want to go, he knows i havent got plans, but im just not sure ... itsd a bit of a hectic event and am not great when drunk

ReputationRep:
    Get it from someone else beforehand, then you can have fun with him
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So h gave you an STD and now you are worried you won't be able to control yourself and will have sex with him again?

ReputationRep:
    Then don't go or sleep with him you idiot.

ReputationRep:
    why the hell didt you tell him you had it?

Chlamydia is asymptomatic even more so in men, he may never have known he had/has it.

Bad thing to do on your part and very irresonsible.

Of course he may have got himself checked since then

Or put something on the end of it before having your "fun" Why ddnt you the last time? Chlamydia is very hard to catch if its wrapped up properly

ReputationRep:
    It's really stupid for you not to tell him.

ReputationRep:
    Use a condom or just dont sleep with him

ReputationRep:
    You're confused about whether sleeping with him is worth the STI or not?

ReputationRep:
    What an absolute idiot u are

ReputationRep:
    Two options:

A) Don't sleep with him
    B) Put something on the end of it.

This is not rocket science love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n65uk)
    Two options:

A) Don't sleep with him
    B) Put something on the end of it.

This is not rocket science love.
    Reminds me of something Jeremy Kyle would say
    But agreed..

ReputationRep:
    Its not im not sure if i can control myself, its more that how do i find out if hes got rid of it or will i gt it back, its a bit late to ask, and will be even later in august when the road trip festival is, im sure ill end up with him, but how do i find out if hes clean

ReputationRep:
    firstly - terrible on your part not to have told him!he might not have known
    secondly - maybe you shouldn't get drunk with guys if you can't control yourself?

ReputationRep:
    What is "the sort of person" who has chlamydia, given the fact that you, too, had it? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the fact you should have definitely told him! :/
    If I had an STI like that and the girl didn't tell me I'd be mortified!

If you are going to sleep with him though simply make him wear a condom. Safest way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welshie)
    Its not im not sure if i can control myself, its more that how do i find out if hes got rid of it or will i gt it back, its a bit late to ask, and will be even later in august when the road trip festival is, im sure ill end up with him, but how do i find out if hes clean
    I can't believe you didn't tell him. That is extremely irresponsible. Chlamydia is normally asymptomatic and can lead to infertility in both men and women. You should tell him what your problem is but also tell him about the Chlamydia

ReputationRep:
    the truth is yoour probably never going to know if he's clean/cleared? Like anyone you sleep... you just don't know, and especially if they don't know....
    Condoms are the most effective way of stopping the spread of STI's... consider using them, then you won't be in this problem again .... Thumb up to ....Safe sex....

ReputationRep:
    wow, if a girl gave me chlamydia i'd be thinking "damn, i screwed the wrong girl".

ReputationRep:
    if someone has an STD, i dont care how hot the girl is- i just see a walking STD

ReputationRep:
    Well then stay home and engage in something more constructive

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.