Turn on thread page Beta

Do your parents hit you? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchadenfreudeDude)
    Because I've never seen a woman so tiny inspire such fear in people twice her size.

It's a bit like having Kim Jong Il for a mother!

Aww poor you :console:

ReputationRep:
    Lol.I'm twice as big as him.But he did hit me when I was a kid.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    My dad has anger issues & hits me over the smallest of things. He pulls my hair, punches me, and hits me with his slippers. The other day he hit my hand and there was blood all over my white bedsheets.

My mum tries to restrain him, but obviously shes not as strong as he is, she pushed him out the way the last time otherwise "He would have killed me", his words.

They've both been through a lot, my dad lost his job & my mum has acute depression. My sister also died ~15 years ago. Her moodswings are really bad & some of the things she says to me are just terrible, and my young brother has started to copy her.

I've thought about recording my dad when he hits me & reporting him. I don't really know what to do? I'm really petite. it would ruin his career, and my mum doesn't work. Plus at the end of the day, I do care for them but there is no love.

Wow, apart form the sister dying- this sounds identical to my life. Definately don't report him, it is selfish as it will ruin the lives of the rest of your family. Just try to not be around him when he looses his temper/ don't annoy him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Wow, apart form the sister dying- this sounds identical to my life. Definately don't report him, it is selfish as it will ruin the lives of the rest of your family. Just try to not be around him when he looses his temper/ don't annoy him.
    How is it selfish for her to seek help for what is going on? She doesn't have to report him. The way her dad is treating her is selfish and is ruining her life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.