Turn on thread page Beta

Help with Avast! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Help please! I have the free version of avast (home) and for some reason its blocking access to websites like my hotmail, facebook, youtube, wikipedia, even websites like victoria's secret page. TSR is one of the only big sites that seem to be working, but even though it allows me to load it, I get a message about Trojan blocked or Malware blocked if i refresh the page or go to a new thread etc. This has never happened before, it started only today and its unbelievably annoying. If anyone knows why this is happening and/or how i can solve it, please let me know!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yo, created an account to answer this.

There seems to have been a bug with Avast today, myself and a friend's friend suffered this.
    I could not access the internet and when I scanned my PC it declared all of my programmes viruses.

The solution: Open up Avast, click on Maintenance, and Update it!
    There are two things, update the software and update the virus definitions. I did both, was very quick, and problem solved. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you,

ReputationRep:
    Mine was doing this last week brah.

Tried updating but didn't help much..

I just uninstalled/reinstalled and it's fine now.

It's only the free one I have, but I have to keep it in gaming mode, otherwise when I'm in the middle of something and I've left my speakers on loud-ish, I get scared half to death by..

"VIRUS DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!!".

ReputationRep:
    haha yes, i hate that message... and it updates every 5 minutes! -.-

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.