Turn on thread page Beta

Covering red cheeks & red marks/spots watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of a good concealer for this?

I've heard 'You're Bluffing' by Benefit is good? Though I can't really afford to pay £17.50

What does anyone think of 'Blush away' by Lily Lolo? (http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/products/b...reen-concealer)

Or if you have any other suggestions please let me know

ReputationRep:
    i have the same problem too so i'll be interested to know of any cheap products too ;D

ReputationRep:
    I have exactly the same problem! I know that Clinique do a few anti-redness powders and bases, but they tend to be really expensive.

No 7 at Boots also does a green foundation base - here. It's cheaper than Clinique (it's £11.00) and I used to use it, but to be honest I don't think it made much difference.

At the moment, to hide my redness I'm using Maybelline Coverstick concealer (the skin-coloured one). It sounds strange, but I turn it sideways and 'rub' a fair bit onto my skin (cheeks) and then blend it with my finger. It's quite thick and really covers the redness. I then use a tiny bit of foundation (MaxFactor Miracle Touch foundation) and powder (Collection 2000). It sounds like a lot of make-up, but if you really work at it you can apply it without looking 'caked' or orange. Depending on the lighting you can still see that my cheeks are slightly red, but only just, and it looks quite normal!

But yeah, I have really red skin. OP, do you know why your skin is red? Have you considered that it might be Rosacea, or Keratosis Pilaris (Rubra Faceii)? (Yeah, I have really bad KP...) Maybe try moisturising first to try to combat/hide/smooth the redness?

That Lily Lolo powder looks really good - I'd be interested if anyone has used it!

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    clinique do a range of cosmetics for covering redness. the concealers about £15 I think
    also,boots natural collection do a concealer for redness an that's just a few pounds

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.