Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm new to these forums, but I've recently been offered a place on the GDL course at the College of Law and I'm looking in to studying at either the Bloomsbury or Moorgate centres. However, I have no idea what most of the students doing the GDL there do for accommodation? I know the CoL has a housemate finder, but this is pretty useless as I can't access it until I take up their offer!

What do most people on the course do for accommodation? what are the popular GDL student areas? any rough idea of rent prices would also be great!!!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulnicholson1987)
    Hi!

I'm new to these forums, but I've recently been offered a place on the GDL course at the College of Law and I'm looking in to studying at either the Bloomsbury or Moorgate centres. However, I have no idea what most of the students doing the GDL there do for accommodation? I know the CoL has a housemate finder, but this is pretty useless as I can't access it until I take up their offer!

What do most people on the course do for accommodation? what are the popular GDL student areas? any rough idea of rent prices would also be great!!!

Thanks!
    Three options:
    (i) share with friends from uni/elsewhere
    (ii) share with strangers (possibly other students through housemate finder)
    (iii) live with your parents if they're close-by enough

Rent prices - depends on what you want! As a guide though students in London might spend between £400 and £700 a month on rent.

Areas - depends again on what you're after, it's really up to you.... you can live affordably within walking distance of certainly Moorgate and possible Bloomsbury if distance is a priority for you.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.