Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whats the best way to revise these? My exam is split into 5 parts, and ive got to answer 4. This is at degree level.

I know 100% i will get a cash flow statement Q, so im practicing them hard, and the FS/BS.

But i will then have to answer questions on either the IASB Framework, IAS's OR certaining accounting problems and what policies to follow. Im stuck on how to revise for the IAS's like there is so many!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakeh)
    Whats the best way to revise these? My exam is split into 5 parts, and ive got to answer 4. This is at degree level.

I know 100% i will get a cash flow statement Q, so im practicing them hard, and the FS/BS.

But i will then have to answer questions on either the IASB Framework, IAS's OR certaining accounting problems and what policies to follow. Im stuck on how to revise for the IAS's like there is so many!
    IASB framework is relatively straightforward. The IASB website or IAS plus website can help you with this, on the structure, the role of each section that makes up the framework, who is involved etc.

As for IAS', your lecturer/teacher or whoever, must have given you some information as to what to revise, or maybe the material you've covered in lessons/lectures are the ones coming up in your exam? There are way too many IAS' out there, surely each one cannot be coming up in the exam, or are they the IAS' in general?

As for accounting problems and policies, again you're going to have to be a bit more specific as to what you have covered so far. The only issues I can think of at the moment, are that of the different concepts in accounting (prudence, accruals etc) and how and when to apply these. Or, relating it again to the IAS' as I know there are issues with certain accounting standards with different definitions on certain things.

I'm not sure if you have access to e-books or maybe googlebooks, but good text books for these topics are:-
    - Financial accounting & reporting - Bill Collins & John McKeith
    - Financial accounting & reporting - Barry and James Elliot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilrascal19)
    IASB framework is relatively straightforward. The IASB website or IAS plus website can help you with this, on the structure, the role of each section that makes up the framework, who is involved etc.

As for IAS', your lecturer/teacher or whoever, must have given you some information as to what to revise, or maybe the material you've covered in lessons/lectures are the ones coming up in your exam? There are way too many IAS' out there, surely each one cannot be coming up in the exam, or are they the IAS' in general?

As for accounting problems and policies, again you're going to have to be a bit more specific as to what you have covered so far. The only issues I can think of at the moment, are that of the different concepts in accounting (prudence, accruals etc) and how and when to apply these. Or, relating it again to the IAS' as I know there are issues with certain accounting standards with different definitions on certain things.

I'm not sure if you have access to e-books or maybe googlebooks, but good text books for these topics are:-
    - Financial accounting & reporting - Bill Collins & John McKeith
    - Financial accounting & reporting - Barry and James Elliot
    ty - thats the theory i had as there are so many IAS' most of them are problem questions for example to do with deferred taxation, or like items on lease and what IAS' relate to them etc. Im finding the IASB framework pretty easy + cashflows and bs/fs. Just learning these god damn IAS' is tricky. It's literally most of them.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.