Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think Ancaster definitely isn't the prettiest hall but I wouldn't consider that a real reason to request a move. It's the people that are there that really matter, so I think the only reason to request a change was if there were some horrible people living around you (which I'm sure there wouldn't be) once you got there.
    I imagine the accomodation we have to find for ourselves in 2nd/3rd year will be much more hideous anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Introverted moron)
    Thanks for your post.

I'll take that into consideration. 5-10 mins max - really? The map makes it look like it'd take much longer.

You're right though. It takes me 20 minutes to walk from my house to college every day, so this shouldn't be that different. I think I just like the idea of falling into my lectures at 9.
    Absolutely, 5-10mins max. If you need to get over to the East side of the campus you can just walk up the path past Law and Social Sciences, Hallward etc then down Cut Through Lane to the Science/Maths area which is sandwiched between North and East entrance. Whilst the campus is large a lot of the essential buildings and teaching buildings are pretty central with much of the land on the outskirts such as the Downs, sports fields etc.

Hope that helps you

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys and gals, I've got myself an en-suite at Ancaster! Can't wait! Who else is going to be there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMiller90)
    Hey guys and gals, I've got myself an en-suite at Ancaster! Can't wait! Who else is going to be there?
    Join us at the facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/nottinghamfirmers2011

There's an accommodation doc there.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys penthouse nottingham's newest nightclub is looking for ticket reps, people to do guest lists, online promotions and more for the forthcoming term?

If you are interested let me no!!!!

You get paid to partyyyyyyyy!!!!

Payment in drinks vouchers, free entry's and money

join the facebook fan page penthouse nightclub nottingham for more info!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i was in Ancaster last year! i loved it and so did all my mates! didnt know one person in the hall who didnt. i hade a number of mates up in Hu-Stu and Cripps the bigger halls who actually prefered Ancy, and would come down most nights to pre drink with us, rather than at theres. Ancy also had a bit of a rep as a party hall as most of us were out most nights on average around 4 times a week which was well up there. its not the best hall visually like florance boot or lenton but rooms are i would say nicer than most as there more moddern ( defo more moddern than cripps and hu-stu) plus the hall has great spirt!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.