Turn on thread page Beta

One night Stands.... your views.... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hakz*)
    I personally don't think it's reasonable if a girl does have one. (Completely subjective though, just my opinion).
    So your one night stands are with guys?

ReputationRep:
    its just the samein my eyes,not that Ive had one with a lady though :/ lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    I fail to see what is wrong with a one-night-stand. Irresponsible? Maybe. Stupid? Maybe. Wrong? No.

Why did you think it was wrong?

Play safe, use protection, don't put yourself at too much risk. Have fun.
    out of rep :[ But i totally agree, so long as both can consent to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NPhere)
    I am a first year student at uni and I wanted to know what people views were on one night stands? Before I started uni, I was quite clear in my opinions in what I felt was wrong and right, and now since Ive started uni, everything different, Im confused about whats right and worng anymore and I feel as though I have lost myself a little, as i always thought I knoew myself. But I guess Uni is about finding yourself aswell...

well just wondered, are one night stands wrong or right in your opinion? Starting uni, it seems as though everyone has or has had a one night stand/(s) my friend admitted to few one night stands, and she lost her virginity during a one night stand,which she now regrets, although she did want a relationship with the guy.... she's now madly inlove with her longterm BF which is really sweet...

If you asked me a few years ago i would have said one night stands are wrong... now im not so sure.... i like the idea of having freedom, to do as you please with whom you please, and I think if ur happy then it's acceptable... I dunno not so sure??? ..... anyone.......

as long as you're not making a habit of it
    and you don't get yourself an STI
    the odd one-night-stand is probably okay

ReputationRep:
    What's my view on one night stands? A vagina.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problems with people having one night stands, but whilst there are a few pictures of me making out with various people on nights out, out of personal preference I'd rather keep sex in a relationship. Call me old fashioned.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, if you fancy someone, and you wear protection its all good, just go with the flow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NPhere)
    I am a first year student at uni and I wanted to know what people views were on one night stands? Before I started uni, I was quite clear in my opinions in what I felt was wrong and right, and now since Ive started uni, everything different, Im confused about whats right and worng anymore and I feel as though I have lost myself a little, as i always thought I knoew myself. But I guess Uni is about finding yourself aswell...

well just wondered, are one night stands wrong or right in your opinion? Starting uni, it seems as though everyone has or has had a one night stand/(s) my friend admitted to few one night stands, and she lost her virginity during a one night stand,which she now regrets, although she did want a relationship with the guy.... she's now madly inlove with her longterm BF which is really sweet...

If you asked me a few years ago i would have said one night stands are wrong... now im not so sure.... i like the idea of having freedom, to do as you please with whom you please, and I think if ur happy then it's acceptable... I dunno not so sure??? ..... anyone.......
    It depends on if you want to do it. I heard they are "fun" and sex is great for relieving stress, however I'm not the type of person to do that in general so going to a university didn't really affect me in terms of sexual patterns.

If you're not used to doing it, why do it now? Of course college is a great experience and you can make of it what you will, however there are possible consequences to having sex with whoever and however you can, but that's up to you.

A lot of people do it, however you don't have to just because everyone else does.

ReputationRep:
    I lost my virginity during a one night stand. I never exactly planned to but I don't really regret it. I was 18, the guy wasn't a **** and tbh I was just glad to have actually done it. I'm not going to start having loads of one night stands but I wouldn't rule out another one.

It sounds awful to say "I lost my virginity in a drunken one night stand" but it was definitely better than some of the stories I've heard of people's first times.

ReputationRep:
    I think they're perfectly acceptable as long as both parties see it as what it is - a one night thing.

This is difficult if you know the person obviously, as you will likely see them again and you may have feelings for them that are not reciprocated.

I met a guy at a party one night and we slept together...he text me the next day and we met up with each other a few more times and slept together some more until he ended it saying he didn't want a girlfriend. When I asked why he bothered to ask me out again after our first night he said "I felt you were just too nice for a one night thing :/"

So yeah I did start liking him in the couple of weeks that followed our first meeting, and ended up getting hurt. But I have had a couple other one offs and they've just been a bit of fun, nothing more. If you're both up for it and are careful then it's just some harmless fun

(Original post by Laura823)
    I lost my virginity during a one night stand. I never exactly planned to but I don't really regret it. I was 18, the guy wasn't a **** and tbh I was just glad to have actually done it. I'm not going to start having loads of one night stands but I wouldn't rule out another one.

It sounds awful to say "I lost my virginity in a drunken one night stand" but it was definitely better than some of the stories I've heard of people's first times.
    I agree with you.

I lost mine on a ONS as well. I feel kinda partial to it. On one hand it's fun, exhilarating, relieves stress and all, but at the end you do have to realize that both of you have to be emotionaly selfish and not get attached. For my first time I thought it was ideal because I can get attached to a girl in the oddest ways and that allowed me to do it with someone I'd never see again. And hey, the second time can never be as bad as the first!

However, I did text her a few days later out of courtesy. Made me feel like less of a ****. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    So we shouldn't have them for the fear of prudes throwing idiotic, untrue names around? Nahh.
    It's up to you. No one's preventing you from doing something you wish to do. Go for it if it's what you enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Journeyzap)
    So your one night stands are with guys?

No, what I'm trying to say is that in the public's eye, some people will label girls as ****s/sluts/hoes for having a one night stand while boys will probably get praised/ratings for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    Please don't write in different colours. It's not the done thing.

Gutted.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.