Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NPhere)
    yea same... lol.... i think im gna end up very lonely in the future hah.
    lool actually when i'm older i want to be in a relationship( as in have a wife and kids) its just now i'm young i just don't want to be tied down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Um... a 17yr old would be legal. You just couldn't take him to a bar afterwards :p:
    ... I dont know, I still wouldn't do anything with the guy, I think : D

I'll feel guilty.... But then again it depends how desperate/bored I am and how cute he is lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abara)
    ... I dont know, I still wouldn't do anything with the guy, I think : D

I'll feel guilty.... But then again it depends how desperate/bored I am and how cute he is lmao
    Everybody's shallow every now and then :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol... i like to think so to...

ReputationRep:
    It's a one night stand... Thats the time I would like to think that nobody would judge me for being shallow : D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abara)
    It's a one night stand... Thats the time I would like to think that nobody would judge me for being shallow : D
    Well, precisely, otherwise what's the point?!? It's all lust-driven anyway!

[Or boredom, as you alluded to :p:]

ReputationRep:
    I've never done it, I don't know why.

Well, I do. It's just not my scene at all. I don't really like the idea of separating sex from love or at least like .

I've had the chance to loads lol, but always declined. It's not a case of wanting to or not wanting to, I just... don't.

I don't care about people who do, I don't think it's inherently immoral or whatever, I'm not a virgin or whatever, it's just not for me.

Plus, I'm boringly self-concious. I guess it's a trust thing. And I don't trust anyone enough to do it with. I dunno, my reasoning is ****ed atm. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    One night Stands.... your views.... .......
    Yeah, one night stands can be horrible. What if you have one with someone and find out you are sexually compatible? What if a relationship ensues and you eventually get married? That is exactly what happened to me. We’re still happily married. So everyone that thinks ons’s are a complete losing situation can kiss ole trooper6’s ass.

ReputationRep:
    Theres nothing wrong with them, I just would never have one myself.

ReputationRep:
    i lost my virginity through a ONS and since then it has become my main source of sex- how else are single people supposed to get laid?

My opinion changes perpetually, sometimes I feel like a slut sometimes I feel empowered. Tbh though, I think that we should be able to do whomever and whatever we want without anybody casting judgement because no one is in the position to judge ANYONE on how they live their lives.....

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be too bothered about a number. As long as once I was with them they didn't do it anymore, where's the harm?
    because numbers and figures mean things lol, a high number can mean a lack of respect or an inability to keep it in their pants. plus it can be quite off putting.

obviously not everyone cares about that sort of stuff, but then again others do

ReputationRep:
    This.

ReputationRep:
    ah ok.... but i hate how for guys it acceptable, and there all up there and with girls its just looked upon....
    same lol... although if a guy has had a lot of one night stands it puts me off them anyway, i think other guys think it's cool but when they grow up a bit and they try to find a meaningful relationship and they've had all these one night stands in the past any girl would have their doubts

ReputationRep:
    two words - harmless fun
    if worst comes to worst, theres always the clinic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahrascal)
    because numbers and figures mean things lol, a high number can mean a lack of respect or an inability to keep it in their pants. plus it can be quite off putting.

obviously not everyone cares about that sort of stuff, but then again others do
    Yeah, unquestionably, some people do, but for me what happened in the past, stays in the past. Previous behaviour might be an indicator to future behaviour, but it also might be completely irrelevant. Judging people by their past - which could be years ago - seems slightly unfair.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you want someone's ****, go for the ****, if you want their heart, go for the heart.

ReputationRep:
    if you don't know someone the past is all you've got to judge them, as human beings we're constantly judging people on a range of levels anyway, you can't help your natural response to something. if you're having the conversation and they tell you their number you're bound to have an opinion on it, it might not bother you and you might not read in to it, but to me a lot of ONS is off putting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I've never done it, I don't know why.

Well, I do. It's just not my scene at all. I don't really like the idea of separating sex from love or at least like .

I've had the chance to loads lol, but always declined. It's not a case of wanting to or not wanting to, I just... don't.

I don't care about people who do, I don't think it's inherently immoral or whatever, I'm not a virgin or whatever, it's just not for me.

Plus, I'm boringly self-concious. I guess it's a trust thing. And I don't trust anyone enough to do it with. I dunno, my reasoning is ****ed atm. :dontknow:
    I tried to Pos you but negged you by accident Feel free to reciprocate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    I tried to Pos you but negged you by accident Feel free to reciprocate
    Lol it's okay, I forgive you.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise how common they were until I went to uni either. Tbh, I don't see anything wrong with it .... as long as you wrap up and stay safe then it's fine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.