The Student Room Group

Used to be beautiful, everyone said so. Then I got FAT.

ANON please! Need some advice. And don't tell me the obvious ''lose weight'' because I don't think I need to essentially lose weight as I am actually happy ok? And don't suggest crash diets as my friend died from one of those last week from taking too many laxatives.

I used to be a real stunner, and it's not being an arrogant bitch to say this because I know I'm not anymore, when I suffered from depression and a major eating disorder. it sounds odd, but I was really good looking, in AMAZING shape, confident went out lots had loads and loads of friends.

Then I recovered from my issues about a year later and the weight wouldn't stop piling on ever since. I didn't really notice it until my clothes stopped fitting and people started making comments about it, some ruder than others. I've lost a lot of friends who probably see me as a chubby cow and not good looking enough to go out with.

I had an incredibly active sex life as I could hook up very easily with the hottest people ever.

People compare you to how you used to look. They remember what you were and judge you for what you've become.

I realised I had a problem about three months ago when I weighed myself and noticed I'd gained two stone in a year and now I'm slightly overweight according to the NHS website.

Anyway sob story over

-----------------------------
(A) How can I cope with the out of control weight gain? how do you deal with people comparing you to how you used to look to how you look now?
(B) Any other recovered people who dealt with it ok?
(C) Is it more important to be happy and healthy than worryingly thin but VERY good looking?

Scroll to see replies

Too be honest... Your not that healthy if your overweight are you..? But then again this is from the NHS.. But yeah, I know you said you didn't want anyone to say lose weight.. But maybe eating healthily and just going for walks a bit more so that the weight comes off slowly,'just so that you get into better shape, then you are now? It might make you feel happier, and stop dwelling on what others think.. It's your life, to be honest, if you were as good looking as you say you are, then I doubt a bit of weight gain would have completely taken away your beauty... Just go live your life, is basically what I'm saying o.o

hit the treadmill
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Probably took advantage of ur good looks and subconsciously cursed urself and became fat ....

P.s I don't get it .. U were thin and happy and now ur fat and happy lol ....

Just gotta develop confidence in urself .. Easily said than done though and next time I think u should apprecite beauty instead of exploiting it
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Pics or it didn't happen.
Log off of TSR and go for a run?
Pics or gtfo

Edit: I mean pics of when you were beautiful
Well getting new friends would help they wont know what you used to look like.

You're happy, as long as you are healthy why should it matter?

I put on 2 stone during Uni and am already 1 stone closer to my original weight. I'm happier for this though so I guess my story is different to yours.
Original post by Anonymous
I've lost a lot of friends who probably see me as a chubby cow and not good looking enough to go out with.

Why are you even concerned about pieces of **** like that? You should be happy you lost them.
Reply 9
x

I'm sure you're still lovely. It doesn't matter if you've gained a bit of weight. Just chill out and it will be okay, have a little relax :smile:
I think if you're overweight thats a major problem, you should focus on not trying to go back to being very skinny but try and become in the healthy range of weight is the only reason you believe that you lost your looks it probabaly has to do with the weight you gained on your face, not necessarily meaning that you're ugly now, but that the fat lightly altered your features.
Im sure that if you lost weight and retured to being healthy you would see a significant improvement in the way that you viewed yourself and indeed how others viewed you, I'm not talking about crash dieting but working out alot, there is a fitness DVD called extreme fitness you will lose LOADS of weight doing this combine this with a healthy eating programme and you'll have sustainable weight loss that you can effecively manage
Stop being fat and be awesome instead.
Reply 12
Stop being shallow and fat and be thin and vacuous like you were. Win.
This can't be serious.
ANON please! Need some advice. And don't tell me the obvious ''lose weight'' because I don't think I need to essentially lose weight as I am actually happy ok? And don't suggest crash diets as my friend died from one of those last week from taking too many laxatives.

I used to be a real stunner, and it's not being an arrogant bitch to say this because I know I'm not anymore, when I suffered from depression and a major eating disorder. it sounds odd, but I was really good looking, in AMAZING shape, confident went out lots had loads and loads of friends.

Then I recovered from my issues about a year later and the weight wouldn't stop piling on ever since. I didn't really notice it until my clothes stopped fitting and people started making comments about it, some ruder than others. I've lost a lot of friends who probably see me as a chubby cow and not good looking enough to go out with.

I had an incredibly active sex life as I could hook up very easily with the hottest people ever.

People compare you to how you used to look. They remember what you were and judge you for what you've become.

I realised I had a problem about three months ago when I weighed myself and noticed I'd gained two stone in a year and now I'm slightly overweight according to the NHS website.

Anyway sob story over

(A) How can I cope with the out of control weight gain? how do you deal with people comparing you to how you used to look to how you look now?
(C) Is it more important to be happy and healthy than worryingly thin but VERY good looking?

Why do you think you can't be happy, healthy and thin at the same time? Just don't take it too far you know?
Just increase exercise and you'll be fine.
Reply 15
It's simple. Unfat yourself!

If you're essentially happy then what is the problem?

If you aren't happy about you weight, lose it.

Also the only 'eternal' beauty is the majesty of nature and the universe and even then the universe is ultimately going to age into an empty cold void of ugly nothingness.

In essence you were never going to be 'smokin' hot' for the rest of your life.

Talk to a dietician, a doctor or something, I dunno, but essentially weight gain is usually down to one thing alone, and that is that you are consuming more calories than you are burning off.

Join a gym, that way you get get fit which will make you feel better and look fit which will also make you feel better.

Best of luck fatty. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Anyway sob story over

Just highlighting the most amusing bits in case I come back to this later for some chuckles.

Original post by Trigger
Stop being shallow and fat and be thin and vacuous like you were. Win.

Original post by StephenP91
This can't be serious.

At least there are some sane people in here. Everyone answering this seriously deserves to be taken out back and shot.
(edited 13 years ago)
Pics of when your were "Stunning" or gtfo
Sounds like the problem is more a knock to your confidence through the depression etc than the weight gain in itself. The weight gain is probably symptomatic. You won't be able to just lose it if you're not in the right state of mind.

I would suggest you see a doctor, get some counselling. CBT might benefit you as it changes your way of thinking. Seems to me that how you relate to people has changed because of how your personality has changed. I'm guessing before you were depressed you were more outgoing, you were happy with how you looked, more confident, this would have showed to the people around you and drawn people to you.

Excercise will help your mood and manage your weight. Maybe join a gym or find classes to go to. Make yourself go. motivation can be hard. sometimes you need to not allow yourself to have that discussion with yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending