Dundee or Leeds. Which city is better? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktlaurenroe)
    Leeds!
    Lol your sig :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlwithsharpteeth)
    Leeds is pretty multi-cultural, I'm sure there will be plenty of people from all sorts of backgrounds. It is a large city and has a high student population so I wouldn't worry about finding like-minded people however, it is impossible to say that no-one will be unfriendly or racist as unfortunately this is something you can come across anywhere. Everyone I've every spoke to said they love Leeds as a city and find it very friendly, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I couldn't tell you what the requirements will be I'm afraid, especially since they haven't put the details for 2012 up yet. However, as the requirement for A level students is AAA (which I think is 360 UCAS tariff points), I would recommend looking at how many UCAS Tariff points you need for your qualifications to meet the same points? You can see if your qualifications are listed here:

http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables/

Just check to see what 360 points would be as hopefully that would be the sort of offer they would make. However, if you're unsure or want to make certain, I'd say it would be a good idea to contact Leeds themselves and ask them. You can contact them at [email protected]
    Thank you very much I can never agree more. (Y)

ReputationRep:
    Is it hard studying dentistry in the UK? Many ppl are going for Kng's, which I heard has only 4 years for dentistry! Which system is harder: the US's or UK's?
    Who can tell me the difference between Leeds, King's, and Belfast universities? concerning the curriculum, the system, the prof., grades, difficulty to get accepted, difficulty in studying-(Dentistry).
    I have all these thoughts and all these questions in my head and a lot more Any one can help me here?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Have the people who say Dundee is boring ever been? Outdated mentality comes to mind! The city has changed hugely over the past 15 years and is now a vibrant, culturally rich town.

With regards to nightlife Dundee is great, there are far more than 2 clubs; the main clubs in the city are Liquid, Fat Sams, Underground, the Union, Abertay Union and the Reading Rooms. There is also at least another 5 or 6 smaller clubs.

I've been studying here for the last 4 years and have loved it!

ReputationRep:
    Which city is the safest? No robbers, thieves, ppl with daggers, least drinking rate, among the following: Dundee, Bristol, Leeds, Sheffield, Bermingham, Newcastle upon tyne, and King's?

Tell me your honest opinion plz.

ReputationRep:
    I hear sheffield is pretty safe..!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maya_01)
    I hear sheffield is pretty safe..!!
    yeah, i heard that too. but what about their curriculum concerning dentistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rory :))
    If I go Dundee i get the course I wanted wheres if I go Leeds I get something else. Is it really worth making my decision based on the towns?
    NO! Uni is Uni and you'll have fun wherever you go. Go for your course and not the city! You can always visit Leeds during university or do a post-grad there Trust me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u1love1)
    Which city is the safest? No robbers, thieves, ppl with daggers, least drinking rate, among the following: Dundee, Bristol, Leeds, Sheffield, Bermingham, Newcastle upon tyne, and King's?

Tell me your honest opinion plz.
    Probably Dundee, Leeds, Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    The people who have bad things to say about Dundee have probably never been there.

It's actually a brillaint city to be a student in and everything is basically aimed at students. It has two Universities and St Andrews nearby and it has the second highest percentage student population in the UK. There's plenty to do there with great clubs (busy 7 nights a week with the nightclub officially voted Scotland's best) and live music bars.

The majority of student accomodation is all with a short walk of the city centre with great shopping and the University campus is right on students doorsteps aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekatina)
    Probably Dundee, Leeds, Sheffield.
    thnx, what about Kcl? is it safe there?

ReputationRep:
    thnx, what about Kcl? is it safe there?
    It's London so pretty much mixed. It's not going to be particuarly safe but not dangerous. I'd say you're better in the ones mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekatina)
    It's London so pretty much mixed. It's not going to be particuarly safe but not dangerous. I'd say you're better in the ones mentioned.
    I like Leeds a lot, what about Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    I like Leeds a lot, what about Newcastle?
    Newcastle, yes, very safe and a great night out!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.