Turn on thread page Beta

Would having a mixed race majority be one of the greatest days in British history?? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do You Think The Day When Britain Has Mixed Raced Majority Is A Day To Celebrate??
    Yes
    21.73%
    No
    78.27%

ReputationRep:
    I'm mixed race myself (1/2 German - 1/2 Vietnamese) and I don't want Britain to become majoritly non-white. Don't get me wrong, I don't value anyone lower or higher because of skin colour. Call me anti-progressive (even though that doesn't make sense in this context to me), but for me Europe is a white continent and should remain so predominantly. I just have a different point of view, in my opinion you actually lose diversity by decreasing the numbers of white people. In that sense I wouldn't want Vietnam to be 60% White either as for me it somehow is a loss of diversity, if you understand...

ReputationRep:
    I think one of the biggest problems today is the emphasis placed on having a racial mix. Why should it be a "great day in history" for us to "achieve" something like a racial majority? To me, putting so much emphasis on racial integration actually just separates non-white people even more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaklargerne)
    but for me Europe is a white continent and should remain so predominantly.
    I'm sorry but that's just not going to happen. The world doesn't stay the same forever. Europe is destined to become mixed race (mostly like yourself) and no far right/bnp trollers will do anything to stop that. Europe, unanamously has a low fertility rate (less than 2) and is only getting close to that number thanks to immigrants pushing it up.

The non-white population of western europe is about 30 million (probably) and I can only see that increasing thanks to birth rates and an ageing white european population in decline. Europe NEEDS immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    I'm sorry but that's just not going to happen. The world doesn't stay the same forever. Europe is destined to become mixed race (mostly like yourself) and no far right/bnp trollers will do anything to stop that. Europe, unanamously has a low fertility rate (less than 2) and is only getting close to that number thanks to immigrants pushing it up.

The non-white population of western europe is about 30 million (probably) and I can only see that increasing thanks to birth rates and an ageing white european population in decline. Europe NEEDS immigration.
    I'm aware of these facts. It doesn't change my attitude towards that topic though. Only Iceland and Faroer Islands seem not to follow this trend (2.14 / 2.6 fertility rate - 2.1 being replacement level generally, but can differ due to different living standards). I appreciate your more scientific approach to that subject though.

ReputationRep:
    What we should do is force half the Chinese to mate with Africans and the other half to mate with Europeans. And half the Europeans to mate with Africans. Then everyone will be mixed race.

Unfortunately, the people living in Africa will increase their levels of skin-cancer, the people living in Europe and China will increase their level of rickets.

Do you want that? To give babys rickets and suncancer? You monsters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    Look races will never totally be the same, that's not how genetics works, but I would like everyone to roughly have a black grandfather, white grandmother, east asian grandfather, south asian grandmother etc etc. Everyone has something non european about them within 2/3 generations.

The more skin colours we have the more variety we have and the more tolerant will become. White British people have low birth rates so we need more immigrants otherwise at some point we'll end up being like Japan. I like to see us a mixture of the world, which we will be in time if we keep our immigration policy liberal.
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    What does not equate? That we wont become more tolerant to different peoples with increasing diversity? Course we will be, it's a certainty
    It does not equate because other societies can be equally as racist/xenophobic. This is not just limited to Caucasians. Secondly, the worse it would become, the more there would be a backlash against it. The Human race is designed to promote differentials - race is a part of this and it will always be the same.

(Original post by Gnobe)

It is not destined to at all. The fertility rates at the moment will not, repeat not cause a major imbalance for long enough for us to not worry. Secondly, it is not far right/bnp for people to not want everyone to be the same. What you're advocating is a sort of racial communism. it is not a good thing. Most people agree. I'm afraid you should recognise that you are pretty much alone in this.

Also, you should factor in that immigrant birth rates will inevitably slow down as they accustom to their new surroundings. They adapt to the culture, not the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Secondly, it is not far right/bnp for people to not want everyone to be the same.What you're advocating is a sort of racial communism. it is not a good thing. Most people agree. I'm afraid you should recognise that you are pretty much alone in this.
    Erm it is, I was in debate with a bunch of students at my uni saying that if you prefered to date within your own race, you are racist. Simples. Lots of people in society agree with this, especially on internet forums I read.

Of course most people want it, why are mixed race people cherished? Why was the whole world in tears when Barack Obama got elected? Because people want a more multiracial world, this is the way world is going. Eliminating the racial barriers is important here and thats what the human race has been doing the in the past 20 years.

And I'm not the only one, that's why interracial dating is extremely popular at the moment in the world and is increasing.

(Original post by QwentyJ)
    Also, you should factor in that immigrant birth rates will inevitably slow down as they accustom to their new surroundings. They adapt to the culture, not the other way around.
    Yeah but the new immigrants birth rates will still be high, foreign born mothers from third world countries always are. Now their children wont have as high birth rates, but my point is the cycle will always continue, as long as we keep letting immigrants in, they will continuously be having a high birth rate initially adding to the non white toll.

22% of all primary school children are non-white. This is the upcomming base of our demographcis.

I don't know why this is so difficult for you to understand. A large majority of people value having mixed race children and want the world to be like this, that's why everyone hates anti-immigration parties like UKIP/BNP because they are too extreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    Erm it is, I was in debate with a bunch of students at my uni saying that if you prefered to date within your own race, you are racist. Simples. Lots of people in society agree with this, especially on internet forums I read.

Of course most people want it, why are mixed race people cherished? Why was the whole world in tears when Barack Obama got elected? Because people want a more multiracial world, this is the way world is going. Eliminating the racial barriers is important here and thats what the human race has been doing the in the past 20 years.

And I'm not the only one, that's why interracial dating is extremely popular at the moment in the world and is increasing.

Yeah but the new immigrants birth rates will still be high, foreign born mothers from third world countries always are. Now their children wont have as high birth rates, but my point is the cycle will always continue, as long as we keep letting immigrants in, they will continuously be having a high birth rate initially adding to the non white toll.

22% of all primary school children are non-white. This is the upcomming base of our demographcis.

I don't know why this is so difficult for you to understand. A large majority of people value having mixed race children and want the world to be like this, that's why everyone hates anti-immigration parties like UKIP/BNP because they are too extreme.
    I will deal comfortably with your points in time; for the time being, may I point you to the poll results and also to common sense which really should have been enough in the first place to prove that you are very, very wrong.

ReputationRep:
    No, and I'll tell you why. Let's say in 50 years England become 50% Mixed, 25% White, 25% Asian and Black. Who are the mixed children going to identify with anyway? They might not identify as British first and foremost. The North of England is just as poor and deprived as some parts of London yet we don't hear of massive riots going on there. The Japanese didn't riot after the tsunami. Just something to consider.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why it needs to be mixed race.
    I see it more as, when there is no majority because the mix of different cultures is such that there are very similar quantities of each being good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    I don't see why it needs to be mixed race.
    I see it more as, when there is no majority because the mix of different cultures is such that there are very similar quantities of each being good.
    Because a mix race majority will happen eventually, it's a natural it will happen. Having seperate cultures and not mixing are bad signs for a country. I know tons of people, mainly younger people, who are in mix race relationships, and it is only increasing. Particularly also since Obama got elected (as that was a major social breakthrough).

It would be a disaster if it didn't happen because we'd all be segregated. But I know that wont happen, because the human race is improving as illustrated by the Obama's historic election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Because a mix race majority will happen eventually, it's a natural it will happen. Having seperate cultures and not mixing are bad signs for a country. I know tons of people, mainly younger people, who are in mix race relationships, and it is only increasing. Particularly also since Obama got elected (as that was a major social breakthrough).

It would be a disaster if it didn't happen because we'd all be segregated. But I know that wont happen, because the human race is improving as illustrated by the Obama's historic election.
    The thought of the white race turning brown is horrendous, I think white people are the most aesthetically beautiful people on earth and because of this we should preserve our aesthetic features.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    No it wouldn't, it would be terrible. It would be like.....all the other races becoming endangered species, like bengal tigers!
    This comment is so stupid.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by l4ith)
    This comment is so stupid.
    no it isn't, but thanks for your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I'm rather indifferent to the idea. I'm mixed-race myself if anyone wants to ask me about anything.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why every white country needs to be multicultural whereas every African country is African, every Asian country is Asian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    I don't get why every white country needs to be multicultural whereas every African country is African, every Asian country is Asian.
    Because there are very few white people in those countries,perhaps they don't like them.But Asians and Africans want to go to the West to study(like me),to escape from an old-fashioned society,a hope for a better life....Many good Asians chose to stay and work for those countries,isn't that good?Vice chancellor of Germany is a Vietnamese German.But for the question,I don't think the Brits like that,because UK is a traditional Europe country.Mixed race majority? more realistic for the United State...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    What's racist about the indiginous population being the majority?? Isn't that always going to happen by design, with anything else being the result of conscious action- ie immigration?
    I'd class myself as indigenous. I'd also class myself as British.

What's racist is assuming that those two groups are exclusively reserved for "White people"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someguy113)
    No, and I'll tell you why. Let's say in 50 years England become 50% Mixed, 25% White, 25% Asian and Black. Who are the mixed children going to identify with anyway? They might not identify as British first and foremost. The North of England is just as poor and deprived as some parts of London yet we don't hear of massive riots going on there. The Japanese didn't riot after the tsunami. Just something to consider.
    Easily answered.

I am mixed. I identify as an inigenous (I was born here, and have vast family heritage specific to Britain) British citizen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Do you think the day when Britain has a mixed race majority of (over 50% of it's citizens) will be one of the greatest days in British history?? Would you like to see that?? If I am being honest I would.

I think the fact that there are so many mixed race relationships indicates where the planet, and more importantly Britain, is heading. I even think we could even have it this century.

I would look foward to the day when Britain becomes likes that, it would almost be like a Moon landing/Berlin wall moment.

once you've reached mixed race nirvana, what is to stop one race pulling ahead? you could easily end up with an england with no whites. which i guess would be catnip to the bbc.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.