Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would having a mixed race majority be one of the greatest days in British history?? watch

• View Poll Results: Do You Think The Day When Britain Has Mixed Raced Majority Is A Day To Celebrate??
    Yes
    21.73%
    No
    78.27%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Doubt that's going to happen seeing that Britain is 90% white.
    O it is happening.

ReputationRep:
    while I would rather we could keep separate races without people hating eachother, it seems unlikely. so mixing races seems like the way forward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaf)
    while I would rather we could keep separate races without people hating eachother, it seems unlikely. so mixing races seems like the way forward
    Exactly. It will happen and I would like to see it in my lifetime, but I doubt it.

As long as we know Britain and the rest of europe is heading that way, then it's all good. Borders, nation states, racism should all end within a 100 years or so (one hopes).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    Exactly. It will happen and I would like to see it in my lifetime, but I doubt it.

As long as we know Britain and the rest of europe is heading that way, then it's all good. Borders, nation states, racism should all end within a 100 years or so (one hopes).
    100 years seems a bit too soon, many cultures are far too different. still, international cooperation is increasing, se we are at least heading the right way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Once Great)
    I am white British, if I move to saudi arabia, and my grandchildren are born in saudi arabia, does that make them saudi arabian?

NO! Not on my watch.

Amir Khan is not British, he is Pakistani.
    Yes if you move to Saudi Arabia, you raise your children there and then they raise their children, your grandchildren there it does definitely make them Saudi Arabian with a British origin.

Maybe you just don't like it because perhaps you only think of white people being British but you cannot argue with facts.

Your nationality is in accordance with your passport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Doubt that's going to happen seeing that Britain is 90% white.
    It was 92.1% in the 2001 census, but will probably fall to 88% by this years one. (It would have been 87% if 600,000 eastern europeans hadn't immigrated).

So we're falling at 4-5% a decade, which is pretty good. We know that 25%-30% of British babies born these days are not white, and that the 500,000 people who die each year are almost exclusively white (due to the white british population being a higher percentage at the older end of the demographcics etc).

So progress is being made.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is mixed raced now even.

British people come from the roots of celtic and romans and anglo saxons.!

ReputationRep:
    'Greatest days' dont rely on race but love for HUMANITY!

Besides difference is good.

ReputationRep:
    to everyone who thinks Britain should be exclusively for the Brits let me ask you this.

where do you think you come from?

anglo-saxons were not the original settlers on this island. the Vikings from Scandinavia have been here and spread their genes. the French have been here and spread their genes. the Romans all the way from Italy have been here and spread their genes.

I think people are too short sighted to see that everyone who claims to be "full blooded English" is actually a mix of European. This country is built upon multi-culture / multi-racial diversity.

should we remove all the white people from North America and take them back to Europe because they were not the original settlers? should we remove European settlers from Aus/NZ because they were not the original settlers? Hows about we go back in time and stop the Spanish/Portuguese colonisation of Latin America because they didn't originate from there?

stop being stupid. cultural & racial diversity can ONLY be a good thing.

besides..Brazil has the highest percentage of mixed race people in the world. and we all know how special Brazilian women are :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dub for breakfast)
    to everyone who thinks Britain should be exclusively for the Brits let me ask you this.

where do you think you come from?

anglo-saxons were not the original settlers on this island. the Vikings from Scandinavia have been here and spread their genes. the French have been here and spread their genes. the Romans all the way from Italy have been here and spread their genes.

I think people are too short sighted to see that everyone who claims to be "full blooded English" is actually a mix of European. This country is built upon multi-culture / multi-racial diversity.

should we remove all the white people from North America and take them back to Europe because they were not the original settlers? should we remove European settlers from Aus/NZ because they were not the original settlers? Hows about we go back in time and stop the Spanish/Portuguese colonisation of Latin America because they didn't originate from there?

stop being stupid. cultural & racial diversity can ONLY be a good thing.

besides..Brazil has the highest percentage of mixed race people in the world. and we all know how special Brazilian women are :hubba:
    British people are all overwhelmingly descended from the first settlers to Britain from Iberia, the anglo saxons, normans etc only contributed a fraction to Britains genetic pool .

You have not done your research and you are completely ignorant of who the Birtish people are and where they come from. Britain was never a multicultural, diverse country it was always a homogenous country. Cross migration did not happen like it does today, it was extremely small and happened over thousands of years, get a clue, Britain being an island nationa is actually one of them most genetically insular, and you would know this from 5 minutes of research regarding Britains genetic history.

Your ignorance is astounding, truelly astounding. All you have done is puke up common misconceptions and complete myths about British history, and it is complete fallacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Flowers)
    British people are all overwhelmingly descended from the first settlers to Britain from Iberia, the anglo saxons, normans etc only contributed a fraction to Britains genetic pool .

You have not done your research and you are completely ignorant of who the Birtish people are and where they come from. Britain was never a multicultural, diverse country it was always a homogenous country.
    what language are you typing in? where did that language originate from?
    FOREIGNERS WHO CAME TO THIS COUNTRY!!!!

you are so stupid and backwards thinking, its not even funny.

furthermore, your clothes are probably from Asia, your car is probably European, the PC you will no doubt use to reply with is probably from Japan and so on so on.

nationalists are so stupid they happily take advantage of foreigners work yet feel threatened when they come to immigrate?

I just don't get it?

people complain about immigrants, but the majority of people immigrating come from countries subjugated for CENTURIES under British and European colonial rule?

phuck right off buddy

ReputationRep:
    what language are you typing in? where did that language originate from?
    FOREIGNERS WHO CAME TO THIS COUNTRY!!!!

you are so stupid and backwards thinking, its not even funny.

furthermore, your clothes are probably from Asia, your car is probably European, the PC you will no doubt use to reply with is probably from Japan and so on so on.

nationalists are so stupid they happily take advantage of foreigners work yet feel threatened when they come to immigrate?

I just don't get it?

people complain about immigrants, but the majority of people immigrating come from countries subjugated for CENTURIES under British and European colonial rule?

phuck right off buddy
    What do my clothes, car and PC have to do with this subject ? All countries import goods, what has that got to do with immigration ?

English is derived of European languages, I have no problem with Europeans migrating to the UK. They are more desirable than third world migrants

ReputationRep:
    What do my clothes, car and PC have to do with this subject ? All countries import goods, what has that got to do with immigration ?

did you read everything i wrote or did you just jump to write a reply?
    have another look.

English is derived of European languages, I have no problem with Europeans migrating to the UK. They are mroe desirbale than third world migrants
    this right here what you have written is what is FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG with nationalists.
    why do you think those countries are third world?

BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN RAPED AND ABUSED BY PEOPLE WITH YOUR MENTALITY FOR MILLENIA

put yourself in their shoes. imagine if Nigerians came to England hundreds of years ago, stole the natural resources, enslaved the people and set the country up to be PERMANENTLY poor or "third world". imagine the Nigerians then left England in such a mess that you, (as an Englishman im assuming), feel the only way to make a decent life is to emigrate from England to Nigeria.

Now imagine the Nigerians, after all they did to your country, after all they did to your people, after all they took away from your future, turned around and said, "nahh, we dont want you here because your pale skin will detract from the accepted norm".

thats just a hypothetical but tryyyy and put yourself in other people's shoes.
    these third world countries are no joke. disease, corruption, starvation, ABJECT poverty - all common place. and for the small minority of the world which controls the vast majority of its resources to restrict migration is nothing short of criminal.

in any case, what right does ANY one person have to stop ANY other person wandering this Earth freely? in the eyes of God we are all equal. the society we live in just shows how fallible man really is.

ReputationRep:
    this right here what you have written is what is FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG with nationalists.
    why do you think those countries are third world?

BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN RAPED AND ABUSED BY PEOPLE WITH YOUR MENTALITY FOR MILLENIA

put yourself in their shoes. imagine if Nigerians came to England hundreds of years ago, stole the natural resources, enslaved the people and set the country up to be PERMANENTLY poor or "third world". imagine the Nigerians then left England in such a mess that you, (as an Englishman im assuming), feel the only way to make a decent life is to emigrate from England to Nigeria.

Now imagine the Nigerians, after all they did to your country, after all they did to your people, after all they took away from your future, turned around and said, "nahh, we dont want you here because your pale skin will detract from the accepted norm".

thats just a hypothetical but tryyyy and put yourself in other people's shoes.
    these third world countries are no joke. disease, corruption, starvation, ABJECT poverty - all common place. and for the small minority of the world which controls the vast majority of its resources to restrict migration is nothing short of criminal.

in any case, what right does ANY one person have to stop ANY other person wandering this Earth freely? in the eyes of God we are all equal. the society we live in just shows how fallible man really is.

I believe the advantages of colonialism vastly outweighed the disadvantages. For instance before colonialism, Africans were living a stone age existence, they were nomadic hunter gatherers and had not even grasped the concept of agriculture. Colonislism has given everything to Africa and brought it from the stone age into the technology, era, colonialism has given everything to african Science, engineering, infrastructure, industry, economic philosophy, medicine, agricultural methods that feed the whole of Africa.

Africans problems are self made due to corruption, greed, individualism, and a rampant population that is unsustainable. For instance ireland was colonised for far longer by the British than Africa was and Africa does not have the same problems as many african nations.
    I will also add that colonialism both British and European has built some of the Greatest and most prosperous societies on earth look at the US, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Brazil, Argentina, Chile etc.

It may also interest you to know that white farmers in rhodesia had built the country to become so prosporous that it was considered the bed basket of Africa as it fed the whole continent. That was until blacks took over, murdered the white farmers took their lands and destroyed everything that had been built for them.

And FYI countries have every right to determine who they let into their socities, thats who has the right to stop people coming and going as they wish.

Your post is frankly childish, ignorant, naive, poorly thought out and argued and you have no real grasp of what you are talking about, your argument is a logical fallacy riddled with cliches and fallacies.

You have not presented any argument at all you have just puked up an incoherent mess onto TSR, and you have made absolutely no valid points. And the very fact that you childishly embolden some of your sentances like an anraged toddler trying to be heard is testament to what I have said.

You simply have no idea what you are talking about.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the advantages of colonialism vastly outweighed the disadvantages. For instance before colonialism, Africans were living a stone age existence, they were nomadic hunter gatherers and had not even grasped the concept of agriculture. Colonislism has given everything to Africa and brought it from the stone age into the technology, era, colonialism has given everything to african Science, engineering, infrastructure, industry, economic philosophy, medicine, agricultural methods that feed the whole of Africa.
    you sir, are an idiot. a terribly miss-informed idiot. Europeans came to Africa with rifles & bibles, forcing subjugation & religion upon the people. are you telling me, that the ENTIRE African continent was unable to sustain itself before Europeans invaded?
    you MUST be joking?
    you think colonisation was a good thing for the continent?
    go to Africa and learn some real knowledge you short sighted nationalistic fool.

I bid you adieu and goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Do you think the day when Britain has a mixed race majority of (over 50% of it's citizens) will be one of the greatest days in British history?? Would you like to see that?? If I am being honest I would.

I think the fact that there are so many mixed race relationships indicates where the planet, and more importantly Britain, is heading. I even think we could even have it this century.

I would look foward to the day when Britain becomes likes that, it would almost be like a Moon landing/Berlin wall moment.
    You sir, you are a idiot, can you please hide in some mountains?

ReputationRep:
    you sir, are an idiot. a terribly miss-informed idiot. Europeans came to Africa with rifles & bibles, forcing subjugation & religion upon the people. are you telling me, that the ENTIRE African continent was unable to sustain itself before Europeans invaded?
    you MUST be joking?
    go to Africa and learn some real knowledge you short sighted nationalistic fool.

What a well structured, well thought out, insightful post.

ReputationRep:
    you MUST be joking?

He said the advantaged outweigh the disadvantages meaning he doesn't believe it was the best thing ever.
    To his point i partly agree, extremely bad common sense caused the most stupid borders ever to be drawn up.
    However, he is right to partly blame Africa for its own problems, greedy africans influenced too much by western greed is to blame fused with tribal and bad moral standards.
    Anyway i believe the disadvantaged outweighed the advantages. Even so your making it out like he 100% supports it and refuses to acknoweldge there are bad things that come with it

ReputationRep:
    White people did not go to south America because they had a **** standard of live, South America was living in the bronze age before Europeans arrived there so you are completely wrong. It was Europeans who built America, South America and many non white natons to what they are today. So your point is irrevelent.

And yes I believe that non-whites will move wherever whites are. And it is not just for a better standard of living, it is also for our culture, and the way we are. Non-whites are desperate to live with whites, no matter where whites are, no matter what white country.

And no I do not accept that whites would move to non white countries for a better standard of living, I do not see poorer Eastern Europeans migrating en masse to japan, Singapore hong kong etc. I do not see Ukranians begging for Asylum in Taiwan and so on and on.

You've obviously never HEAR OF Dubai or a range of other rich Middle Eastern countries that have extremely large foreign populations.

Poor people move to richer countries. That's it, period. You're simply to ignorant to know of any cases other than your own. Educate yourself and you might have a different view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Once Great)
    I am white British, if I move to saudi arabia, and my grandchildren are born in saudi arabia, does that make them saudi arabian?

NO! Not on my watch.

Amir Khan is not British, he is Pakistani.
    Yes it does make them saudi arabian. The same goes for someone who has children in Britain.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.