The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scottish
The English and Scottish are almost genetically identical. And the Celts and Saxons were historical ethnic groups not seperate races. Do you not know the difference ?

So what exactly is the difference between an ethnic group and a race? Who are you to say how genetically removed from each other two mates should be before they 'shouldn't' procreate?

For what its worth, humans and bananas are almost genetically identical... so I don't really see what your point is when you talk about the genetic similarity of certain 'historical ethnic groups'...
Reply 101
Original post by Barden
So what exactly is the difference between an ethnic group and a race? Who are you to say how genetically removed from each other two mates should be before they 'shouldn't' procreate?

For what its worth, humans and bananas are almost genetically identical... so I don't really see what your point is when you talk about the genetic similarity of certain 'historical ethnic groups'...

Look it up, I am not going to explain to you.
Look it up, I am not going to explain to you.

Because there is no difference - it's a completely arbitrary distinction.
Reply 103
Original post by Barden
Because there is no difference - it's a completely arbitrary distinction.

Okay
Reply 104
I fully support mixed race relationship (I'm in one myself), but I wouldn't say that half the population must become mixed raced for the world to be a better place. I just wish people wouldn't focus on race so much.
No. A greater day would be when they didn't have such spurious definitions such as race and mixed race, and people were not categorised as such. Jeez, the Spanish are moors mixed with Mainland Europeans from years back, are they 'mixed race'? I just hate the whole false divide it creates and 'race' is used like something vague that means closer to 'species'.
Original post by teadrinker
It depends how obsessed you are by 'race' - in your case it seems, rather creepily so.

The day when people stop counting up the number of people with each skin tone would be a far greater day.

This.
Reply 107
Anybody who opposes this is clearly a bigot.
Original post by Curzon
Walking on eggshells here...

We seem to have a unique attitude to this in the UK. If anyone so much as challenges the idea of multiculturalism they are labelled a nazi and obviously must vote BNP.

I think it would be sad if native white people became a minority here. Why? Because we've been here for thousands of years, we're still here, and I don't want to see us go to be honest. It would change our countries. Wales wouldn't really be Wales anymore if there were no native Welsh people left, and I love Wales. I think we should be careful with this. It's just an ideological thing, I think it would be a shame if it came to that. Then again, continuing to use Wales as an example, this is only really a massive issue in the big cities really so Wales dodges it a bit.

Race and diversity is such a touchy thing in the UK when really it should be ok to have a mature, open debate on it. It's great to have other cultures here, but we should preserve our own as well.

I agree with this 100%... I think mixing races is a great thing but countries are known for having a certain race, and that race should be the majority.
We do seem to have this view that anybody that doesn’t think seeing multi culturally things happening all the time must want to kill everybody who isn’t there same race as them but it doesn’t mean that at all.
Original post by Chillaxer
No. A greater day would be when they didn't have such spurious definitions such as race and mixed race, and people were not categorised as such. Jeez, the Spanish are moors mixed with Mainland Europeans from years back, are they 'mixed race'? I just hate the whole false divide it creates and 'race' is used like something vague that means closer to 'species'.

I agree. The obsession with the term "race" is damaging. It's a matter of degrees. Scottish and English are different. English and German are more different than that. White and African are more different than that. To have a simple black and white, mixed race or not mixed race is ****ing stupid.
The English and Scottish are almost genetically identical. And the Celts and Saxons were historical ethnic groups not seperate races. Do you not know the difference ?

There is no qualitative difference. "Race" is not a concept which is respected by nature.
Original post by Barden

+1
Not all Brazllians race mix. White Brazllians live in their own society in Brazil. I know I have been there. The blondes in Brazil are not mixed race nor are they brown or black.

Race mixing destroys white aesthetics.

Okay, now you are being vague. "White aesthetics" is vague. No kind of mixing will destroy blonde hair, pale skin, or blue eyes.

I don't give a **** if you have been to Brazil.

Brazil is a fairly racist country, but the various ethnicities are not completely separate and you get plenty of people who are mixed race with dark blonde hair. Not platinum blonde, but the point is if two such people had a child, the child may have light blonde hair.

Relatively simple traits such as blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin will not go away for any reason other than selective disadvantage, because they are controlled by relatively few genes.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 113
Original post by Jackthevillain
This is one of the main reasons I support the Bnp and other far right groups around the world because people are pro Europeans being a minority in european nations if you disagree with diversity you get called racist very stupid.

People like you sir, along with religious dogmatists, are the main reason that intolerance, hostility and war are still rife around the world :rolleyes:
No, The day this happens will be the end of the UK?
Reply 115
Original post by ShadowConspiracy
No, The day this happens will be the end of the UK?

No, it would be the beginning of a revolution.
I hope this never happens. it would no longer feel like Britain. If it was the other way round e.g muslim countries having an influx of europeans there would be war!

No I'm not racist.
Reply 117
Original post by ultimate mashup
I hope this never happens. it would no longer feel like Britain. If it was the other way round e.g muslim countries having an influx of europeans there would be war!

No I'm not racist.

Because racial diversity is very good concept which improves our tolerance.

I hate all the labels of "white" "black" etc. Just get the world mixed race so there are no more of these silly labels.
Original post by Gnobe
No, it would be the beginning of a revolution.

It will be a sign that Britain's decline into the third world abyss, is now irreversible and almost complete.
But I thought women would love this. White women love black men. :biggrin::cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending