Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me!
    As I’m getting annoyed with my hair.

I last dyed my hair years ago, it’s all grown out. It uses to take many attempts for my hair to change colour. I had to dye it three times for it to actually change to blonde.

Anyways i have grown all the old dye out, so my hair is good condition hair.

i decided to dye my hair a different shade of brown, but decided to go for a non-permanent, well i dyed it last night, and washed it off, my hair hasn't changed colour one bit!!!! Why is this? It’s pretty annoying!

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    So your hair is brown?

If you're trying to dye your hair a lighter shade of brown then it obviously won't work because your hair is too dark for it to take; it would need to be stripped first. If it's only a shade darker then you probably wouldn't notice it.

If your hair is blonde, then completely ignore that ^ you just didn't make it clear in your post

ReputationRep:
    did you leave it on long enough? i know it's a stupid question, but ive done that before. Also, ive found that sometimes non-perm's dont work. I now have permanent cosmic blue (black with blue tints) hair. I cant change the colour without bleaching/stripping and that would KILL my hair

ReputationRep:
    You can always wear a wig

http://www.sodahead.com/living/rihan...ald%2Bmcdonald

ReputationRep:
    semi permanent dyes arent the best :/ try permanent or go to a hairdresser

ReputationRep:
    Try henna, that's got a high success rate. I dye my hair red with henna and it works everytime, I naturally have dark auburn hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paperkissx)
    So your hair is brown?

If you're trying to dye your hair a lighter shade of brown then it obviously won't work because your hair is too dark for it to take; it would need to be stripped first. If it's only a shade darker then you probably wouldn't notice it.

If your hair is blonde, then completely ignore that ^ you just didn't make it clear in your post
    my hair is light brown was trying to change it to mediam brown. and it did nothing

(Original post by becilouise)
    did you leave it on long enough? i know it's a stupid question, but ive done that before. Also, ive found that sometimes non-perm's dont work. I now have permanent cosmic blue (black with blue tints) hair. I cant change the colour without bleaching/stripping and that would KILL my hair
    yhh i left it on for how long it told me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaalou)
    semi permanent dyes arent the best :/ try permanent or go to a hairdresser
    i just want it semi permanent for the summer period, because the sun changed my hair to a even lighter colour. so was going to use semi-permanent dyes for just the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-jones2009)
    i just want it semi permanent for the summer period, because the sun changed my hair to a even lighter colour. so was going to use semi-permanent dyes for just the summer
    you're using a good colourant?not a cheap one
    you should definitely just take a trip to the hair dresser

ReputationRep:
    you're using a good colourant?not a cheap one
    you should definitely just take a trip to the hair dresser
    Yh I’m using nice n easy. But i have always had this issue with dyes even when i tried dyeing it before. My hair seemed to only dye when it was in bad condition, but even then permanent hair dyes even by hairdressers would fade to a blonde colour even though my hair is brown and i was dying it a brown colour.

My hair is just weird!

ReputationRep:
    Yh I’m using nice n easy. But i have always had this issue with dyes even when i tried dyeing it before. My hair seemed to only dye when it was in bad condition, but even then permanent hair dyes even by hairdressers would fade to a blonde colour even though my hair is brown and i was dying it a brown colour.

My hair is just weird!
    sounds mental!!no idea what to suggest ahaha never heard of anyone having dye resistant hair before

ReputationRep:
    sounds mental!!no idea what to suggest ahaha never heard of anyone having dye resistant hair before
    yeah i know! it sucks

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know! it sucks
    Do you have any products in your hair? hairspray, gel etc? colourants don't work very well with these and should always be applied to clean hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paperkissx)
    Do you have any products in your hair? hairspray, gel etc? colourants don't work very well with these and should always be applied to clean hair.
    nope i didn't as i washed my hair the night before. and didn't apply any product to it , as the instructions said i shouldn't

ReputationRep:
    Then I actually have no idea, sorry!

Maybe try a permanent colour? They lighten in the sun and if the shade isn't vastly different from your natural hair colour it won't be a problem when it starts growing out.

ReputationRep:
    Some people's hair is less porous, meaning it does not absorb as much dye. You'd probably be best off consulting a hair-dresser about dying it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.