I don't know whether to go to University, what should I do...Any advice? Watch

BoxingNo1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I would like to go to University, but the thing is, I'm 22 years old and I just feel that I'm getting older and older, and I don't have a clue what I want to do with my life. In all honesty, I'd love to be a singer, but obviously I need a back up plan. I just don't know what type of back up plan I want, I don't know whether to go to University, I have no idea. Any advice...?
Pheebs1201
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Browse some courses on UCAS or on the websites of the uni's you like the look of and see if anything grabs you- might be something you've never even thought of!
DopplerEffect
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BoxingNo1)
I would like to go to University, but the thing is, I'm 22 years old and I just feel that I'm getting older and older, and I don't have a clue what I want to do with my life. In all honesty, I'd love to be a singer, but obviously I need a back up plan. I just don't know what type of back up plan I want, I don't know whether to go to University, I have no idea. Any advice...?
Age is not a factor if you want to learn...
The thing is whether you want to learn or not...

Browse university websites and read about the courses you are interested in...
There is usually a section where students describe their experience with the course, read those.... And then finally ask yourself what you want to do...

Being a singer is good but there is no guarentee that you will be successful, so you must be prepared to get a job if you can't get ahead with singing... So I think you should consider university...
Jim-ie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I say unless you have a set career choice and know exactly what you're going to do, don't bother.

You come out with a piece of paper after 3 years and end up signing on the dole or working in Primark applying for management schemes.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jim-ie)
I say unless you have a set career choice and know exactly what you're going to do, don't bother.

You come out with a piece of paper after 3 years and end up signing on the dole or working in Primark applying for management schemes.
This is what I worry about myself :erm:. Though, I wouldn't mind working in Primark, but could probably get there without a degree.
Cicerao
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's worth it just for all the free money you get. :awesome:
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What are you interested in doing? anything?

Does IMO help to be interested in the subject otherwise it's too easy to procrastinate away your 3 years and come out with a mediocre degree class
BlueJoker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you want to learn, go to university. Simple.

If you're focused on singing though, maybe a performing arts college?
Phobia27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Go on X Factor
Make a sob story
???
Profit
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (361)
91.86%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (32)
8.14%

Watched Threads