The Student Room Group

Why is the Ass such a desired physical feature. I mean we only **** out of it, right?

I don't understand why the butt is such a desired feature for most people. I mean we all look at a nice ass, don't we? But why? I mean we all take ****s out of it, so when you look at it that way, it's not so desiring is it? lol.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I love me some nice arse.
i know why boobs are desired ( from an evolutionary perspective they are a sign of fertility) and i know why nice hips are desired (again the link to fertility) but i'm so sure about asses. i love woman's asses more than anything but even i can't rationally explain it.
Reply 3
Maybe it's because they are always hidden, something you're not supposed to see... So it gives you a rush or something when you do actually see it.

It's like in the Victorian era, when men would get raging over a woman who had her ankles out, just because they weren't supposed to get them out.... if having your ass hanging out of your pants was the norm, people probably wouldn't care less.
Reply 4
When my dad was at school about 30 odd years ago big butts were unattractive and he said you'd get slagged for going out,with a 'fat arse' now it's different i suppose.

Also I have a black friend whose grandad told me big asses were always prefered even when he was young and lived in Nigeria. So maybe it's cross-cultural? And medi influenced?

I don't know, all asses are nice, so long as they are attached to a nice girl :sexface:
Simply put, us men don't want to get bruises from banging a chick. :colonhash:
Reply 6
"I got big booty bitches, I got big booty bitches..."

Yeah...I wanna be like that.
Reply 7
To be honest, a nice ass seems to be the only feature in a woman that attracts and catches my attention. There is nothing better than a thick juicy ass.

Breast, as some people love, is not my side of attraction. If a woman has the biggest breast in the world and a small ass, it is simply a fail for me.

Ass rules, for me anyway.
Reply 8
Its not the 'ass' per se people like.

The shape of the posterior is often determined by the shape of the bone structure beneath it, more specifically the width of the hip bones and to a lesser extent the other bones within the pelvic reigon.

The expression "child bearing hips" is a well known expression and has come about because of the historical desire within the human species to mate with women who the male believes would have the best chance of delivering a child.

This desire to mate with suitable women has obviously been hardwired into the human psyche as they evolved, to the point were 'big asses' are themselves desirable. Indeed throughout more recent human history fashion has itself evolved to assist this base human instinct, with the development of corsets to bring the waist in, making the posterior look bigger and bustles to 'add to' the posterior, increasing its size.

Of course no thread on bottom size would be complete without a link to Sir Mix A lot, though in this case Gilbert and Sullivan style.

Enjoy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Rugged88
I mean we all take sh*t's out of it, so when you look at it that way, it's not so desiring is it?

It's not the anus that's attractive, it's the curvy muscle around it :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Clumsy_Chemist
It's not the anus that's attractive, it's the curvy muscle around it :smile:

The muscle is called Gluteus Maximus. It is a fine piece of the human anatomy. Haha
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
In the words of Sir* Mix-a-lot:

I. Like. Big Butts and a cannot lie, all you other brother's can't deny that when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a big round thing in your face, you get sprung.

*I have suspicion to doubt that he is actually a knight of the realm.
Reply 13
I think i would choose a pretty face over a big bum anyday.
Reply 14
Because when you firmly put your hands on one and squeeze, it's just :coma:
Not really sure either, think is natural for some reason but a nice bum on a girl is really good
Reply 16
Because it looks nice. A woman with a shapely derriere looks a lot more attractive than someone with a flat arse (no homo).
Reply 17
It is a cultural thing! The West indies, South America and the whole of Africa appreciate the curves of a woman and "Dat Ass". I woman with a pancake behind is just a no no!
Reply 18
You **** out of the anus, not the arse... get your facts right first.

Brb ****ting out of my buttcheek. :rolleyes:

When someone says 'nice ass' they aren't saying 'nice anus' you twit.
What's the first angle most mammals historically come at from before they're about to mate?

A round, pert bee-hind that appears youthful and peachy is more desirable because it indicates that they are more fertile. Same goes for boobs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending