I applied for G&P, bio, maths and chem o.0

[SIZE="4"][SIZE="5"]Anyone do Government and Politics? [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Don't mean to hijack this thread but it seems very popular hehe
    *Deep voice* It's alright...I know the owner
    LOL! Yeah, you all better be nice to Bambi...or else
    I'm sure you'll get in, and if not, you still have St. Dominic's x
    (Original post by IsraIsman)
    Hello every1
    Kina new to this i also applied for woodhouse i'm predicted all a's iv'e done my maths, chem, physic and bio got a'z n a*z i even done my first language gcse in yr 7 n got a b it wasn't my first lnaguage all da other gcses im doin dis yr im gettin high grdes hopefully but woodhouse put me On the waiting list
    Im confused wat r dey lookin for does anybody knoee?????
    Srry bout da lng rant jus really dissapointed n confused
    Welcome You're not alone hun...I got my waiting list offer today too =/ I was gutted and really upset. I knew this was coming, but I thought I still had a chance because my tutor wrote me an excellent report and I had extra GCSE's and I finished my English exams last year with A grades, so I thought that would help...but it didn't I really wonder how they're choosing students, 'cause people I know got in with lower grades than me, and chose the exact same subjects as me too. I hope the waiting list moves fast, and we get our offers soon What subjects did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocean)
    yh I guess so,
    I chose maths, french, computing and physics
    Im predicted all A's apart form english, a B.

What about you?
    I chose Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Psychology. My predicted grades are 4A*'s, 6A's, 3B's and 1 distinction. Man, I hope this waiting list moves fast...they keep on giving us hope =/

(Original post by surina_xxx)
    thankyou i choose maths, economics, government & politics and psychology
    and sure you can have my place
    Ahaha! How thoughtful of you, I would be honoured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oooh looks lyk everybody got it well i suppose dats der loss:):)I tell myself dat to make myself feel betta about it looool.
    I chose chem,physics,maths n philosphy do you know hw lng the waiting list tkes is thre any point in replyin??????[s
    )

confused[/s]
    Im gonna reply, I feel I have no hope, but I'm still hoping, I just think its unfair how they chose their applicants. My friends with lower grades and no extra activities got in

It seems there a lot of people on the wating list, I wonder how long it is:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well, how many people can get into Woodhouse?
    My interviewer told me that there were 4000 applicants and 1500 made it into the interviews.
    Well, today is Friday and everyone should have their letters by now.

ReputationRep:
    They say they allow about 550 students

ReputationRep:
    A waiting list of 950 people

ReputationRep:
    I think people do get rejected though, so the waiting list should be a bit shorter, hopefully lol

ReputationRep:
    And some people do reject Woodhouse

ReputationRep:
    I jus called woodhouse n they said that u are made an offer when your choices become available so prayin dat pppl who chose the sme options as me decline

ReputationRep:
    And people may not even reach the requirements for a conditional offer.
    But really, Woodhouse wants low grades...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dabest2500)
    And some people do reject Woodhouse
    Yep hopefully!

How do they choose from the waiting list, if you know?

ReputationRep:
    They probably put people in order depending on their grades/interview and if someone rejects, next best candidate goes.
    But I'm just guessing

ReputationRep:
    Ok, Im just wondering if anyone will fail with such low expected grades, its too low and easy lool

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I go Woodhouse now and I'm in my first year studying Maths, Economics, Geography and English Literature.

I received a direct offer with GCSE predictions of 9A*s and 1A (Which I got)

However Woodhouse is strange, anything can happen.

A friend of mine had the same predictions as me, got an interview instead, was put on the waiting list and never got in.

On the other hand another friend of mine with predictions of 5As and 4Bs got in from being on the waiting list. (He received his acceptance in the last week of term probably because of a dropout, for all you hopefuls)

Guess they want an "all rounded person", confident, intelligent and sporty.

And Woodhouse is not all that, there is still a great amount of dopey people there.

Good Luck to everyone who's applied.

ReputationRep:
    wtf, i thought this was like a uni thread. What's so good about woodhouse that everyone wants to go?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just literally signed up on this board 5 minutes ago because I need somebody to talk to about this. I'm tearing my hair out!

My predicted results are As and Bs and my interviewer was a woman and I think she dealt with something in student support. Anyway, her name began with J and she had an office in the library. She said that my interview had gone really well and was nice. I suspect that it did actually go quite well too.

WAITING LIST.

I've applied for Politics, Philosophy, Economics and Physics (aswell as the two other sciences if I can't do that).

She told me that 4000 people applied and 3000 got through into the interviews... They accept 500.

I REALLY need to get into this college. It's the best one and all of the others I've seen have so few places on offer and want 6 As like Latymer.

I guess that most of those who were interviewed are on the list although I probably wouldn't be talking about it if I got rejected. So how big is the list? I feel that I'm going to go mad. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coleshill)
    I guess that most of those who were interviewed are on the list although I probably wouldn't be talking about it if I got rejected. So how big is the list? I feel that I'm going to go mad. :confused:
    Put it like this, in my old school about 25 got interviews and every single one was put on the waiting list. I'd say everyone who got an interview is on the waiting list to try and give them some false hope.

ReputationRep:
    25? Do you mean 250? I could understand 25 in a small school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dabest2500)
    Well, how many people can get into Woodhouse?
    My interviewer told me that there were 4000 applicants and 1500 made it into the interviews.
    Well, today is Friday and everyone should have their letters by now.
    I still haven't got my letter yet. Maybe the post is late :/

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.