Turn on thread page Beta

how trusting are you and how do you deal with trust issues in a relationship? watch

Just wondered

I like to think I trust my boyfriend. But the truth is that I'm very insecure and get jealous quite easily. I never think that he'd cheat intentionally but I'm always worried when he goes out that he'll get really drunk and have a drunken snog with someone. I also worry that he fancies other girls.

He doesn't really know any of this. I keep the crazy to myself.

What about you? What's a normal amount of insecurity/jealousy and what's unhealthy?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the time you have been together, and the problems you have gone through :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    Zero.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very trusting of my bf. We have our issues but insecurity definitely isn't one of them.

ReputationRep:
    i have real trouble trusting people. i have had major problems with trust issues over past events. so i do turst my bf however there is always a part of me that doubts it, i dont become jealous i just doubt what he says. i think with trust it has to be a two way thing he has helped me with my trust issues though

ReputationRep:
    Probably worth talking to him about it if it becomes something increasingly difficult to deal with. He might help you to deal with it as with 'miss_sporty' ^

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.