Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

you'd call me a fool, but im an a* student and im completely unprepared for my GCSE exam in june. I just dont get how to revise a billion topics! Please give me a good quick way to make sure i've covered everything just in time. Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    If you're an a* student you shouldn't really have to, because you'll do loads of past papers. You should pick it up

ReputationRep:
    Test papers, Test papers. I did none, so I got one mark away from an A* in GCSE. Now I do them in A level and I'm on an A*.

ReputationRep:
    Past papers! Loads of them

ReputationRep:
    Go through the syllabus and learn the theory, then past papers are key for the application to questions. Past papers are always the way forward, so do loads of them.

ReputationRep:
    If you do the past papers, you'll realise there aren't actually 'a billion topics' and as soon as you've learnt the techniques you'll be fine

Past papers past papers past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree with Crazy Paving. I worked through the book whilst I was doing my GCSE exams, making sure I understood the content good and thorough, then I did past papers non stop. If you simply revise the content, I'd say the best you can get is an A or a B but if you practise doing past papers in timed conditions, you could get that A*. Practice really does make perfect.

ReputationRep:
    past papers and Mathswatch

ReputationRep:
    do math

ReputationRep:
    I have lots of exams coming up too which i need to revise for. I did a timetable - study english on monday, maths on tuesday etc... so i get an equal time for revision.. half an hour - an hour every day on different subjects... takes up alot of time in the end, but if you want good grades, then you have to revise. Good Luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.