Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As the above basically states it seems that it is only racist if coming from a white person. Obvious examples are black people who refer to eachother as n*gg**, the fact that a lot of people complain that white people act black. Would the previous statement be as acceptable if i say 'i hate it when blacks talk/act like white people'.

We also get stereotyped alot which is exceptable, mostly abroad. But if we was to counter-stereotype then we would be trainee hitler youth...

ReputationRep:
    Two negatives = positive.

So it's racist if you're white.

Racism is racism. And it shouldn't be acceptable in any shape or form. Period.

ReputationRep:
    It's not the word itself: it's the intent behind the word that counts. When my white friends refer to my black friends as any 'casually racist term', it's all in good fun; however, would it be the same if a man in a KKK hood said the same thing?

Some people's failure to understand some of the most basic social phenomena truly astounds me.

EDIT: There's a good reason why white people often try to act like black people, but the reverse doesn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    no **** :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes some people are racist. Some people aren't and get accused of it anyway because some people are stupid. Racism is slowly turning into the Hitler argument, and we all know the correct response to the Hitler argument is to sigh and walk away.

ReputationRep:
    Stop talking about racism or I'm gonna bust out some political correctness on yo' asses

ReputationRep:
    :sad: this wont end well LOL

ReputationRep:
    Hence why I don't say the 'n word' event though I'm black, because I see see it just as offensive to people of other races. I mean if white people had a word only they could say people would start getting angry!

Also, loads of people say I act 'white'. I take no offence to it because it's true People don't really get angry when white people 'act black', only when they try too hard or it's too obvious they do it on purpose, sort of when you can tell someone's trying really hard to be as camp as they can.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.