Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went away to uni unfit and the general uni lifestyle, diet and the fact that i live 2mins away from lectures has done nothing to change that situation. Surprisingly i am not fat (not even chubby) but i think i'm stupidly unfit and vowed to start getting back into shape over the easter holidays.

For starters i am eating much better at home and i am cutting back majorly on the drink but i'm not so clued up on exercise which is where i need advice.

Yesterday i did a 20mile bike ride and this morning i ran a mile and a half i don't feel stiff at all just got a slightly achey knee but nothing that's worrying me.

what i don't know is how often i should be exercising, when i should start upping the mileage, how often i should be resting etc
    Ideally i just want to be quite fit, not to bothered about bulking up just a bit of a firmer stomach etc.

ReputationRep:
    Fitness forum is that way -->

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.