Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am FAT! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    BMI is a stupid way of figuring out if you are overweight because it doesn't take into account muscle mass. You don't look fat to me.
    If you don't feel fat then I fail to see how some random calculation could suddenly change your view of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    You can see the sweep of your quads bulging forward in that picture, and your bum jutting out.

This is awesome!!! And I for one say kudos op, you have legs and ass that make my slinky da doing doing doing.

In all seriousness don't worry about a thing you are in good shape.

ReputationRep:
    BMI isn't everything. It doesn't take into account lots of different factors.

You look perfectly healthy in your photo, don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    You look a healthy weight, so don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebbyxx)
    Well I weighed myself at the gym yesterday and I know I have put on a bit of weight since going to uni. I am size 8-10 but according to the nhs website I have a bmi of just over 25 so therefore I am overweight? How is this possible? Looking at myself I don't look overweight and obviously below average according to my clothes size. Anyone offer an explanation or in a similar boat? I feel so disgusting now
    Your upper legs look quite strong, however your picture is somewhat poor as it does not show your waist or how broad you are which would be a good indication of weight.

ReputationRep:
    From your picture, you don't look fat at all, if your bmi is just over 25 I owuldn't worry about it, most of the time its wrong anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone I'll obviously still eat healthy and up my exercise but feel so much better about myself

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone I'll obviously still eat healthy and up my exercise but feel so much better about myself
    Random question, do you weightlift at all?

If not then you should as you seem to have a fairly decent figure for squatting...
    You could do quite well and weightlifitng is good for females bodies.(Just ask Powerlifter on here)

ReputationRep:

Lol you're fine!

ReputationRep:
    I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Random question, do you weightlift at all?

If not then you should as you seem to have a fairly decent figure for squatting...
    You could do quite well and weightlifitng is good for females bodies.(Just ask Powerlifter on here)
    I don't weight lift at all. Tbh I always considered it quite a masculine activity :/

ReputationRep:
    I don't weight lift at all. Tbh I always considered it quite a masculine activity :/
    Nah, it's not just masculine...

Most of the female "celebs" do weightlifitng to get the desired "curvy" figure...

Check out the Barbelles society thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're right

ReputationRep:
    Your fine. BMI is ****, do the body fat percentage calculator, thats a better indicator.
    But honestly you look great, I wouldnt worry. If you wanna lose weight just cut out sweet stuff. I've lost almost half a stone after giving up chocolate for lent... and i didnt weigh that much to start with. Im sure there must be other factors but not that i've noticed lol.
    Cool it, if your a size 8 then don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shan<3)
    Your fine. BMI is ****, do the body fat percentage calculator, thats a better indicator.
    But honestly you look great, I wouldnt worry. If you wanna lose weight just cut out sweet stuff. I've lost almost half a stone after giving up chocolate for lent... and i didnt weigh that much to start with. Im sure there must be other factors but not that i've noticed lol.
    Cool it, if your a size 8 then don't worry!
    I hope you mean getting it measured properly, on-line calculators are ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Well I weighed myself at the gym yesterday and I know I have put on a bit of weight since going to uni. I am size 8-10 but according to the nhs website I have a bmi of just over 25 so therefore I am overweight? How is this possible? Looking at myself I don't look overweight and obviously below average according to my clothes size. Anyone offer an explanation or in a similar boat? I feel so disgusting now
    Given the opportunity, I'd rip you in half (with my ****). serious talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    I hope you mean getting it measured properly, on-line calculators are ridiculous.
    Yeah of course, I had it done at the school gym but im sure it will tell you how to do it online You just have to measure hips, waist etc, it seemed a better indicator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Yeah you're right

I stand corrected.

ReputationRep:
    You definitely do not look overweight, it depends on your muscle mass and your bone density

You look very healthy and slim in your picture so I wouldnt worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shan<3)
    Yeah of course, I had it done at the school gym but im sure it will tell you how to do it online You just have to measure hips, waist etc, it seemed a better indicator
    That is not a bodyfat test per-se

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.