Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You don't look fat
    And besides why should a meter that is not really the most accurate of all tell you what you are, at the end of the day it is just a computer

ReputationRep:
    Coming from someone who was told by a doctor 'you are obese' after telling him EXACTLY why I had gained weight (parents splitting/moving from school to college/contraception) I don't believe in the BMI system as i'm in no way 'fat' but I like you have muscular legs from swimming, gymnastics etc... teamed with being short.

You may feel disgusted with yourself, but I've given up with being weight obsessed and just accepted myself now. If I gain weight...I'll lose it soon enough, if I loose a bit of weight, bonus. But the sooner people stop worrying about labels such as 'fat' (or 'skinny' can be just as harmful) the better in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    You are NOT fat/

ReputationRep:
    A bmi of 25 isn't overweight, it's a bmi of over thirty something that is overweight, so no worries. The bmi I personally think is a little confusing, some people have small bones while others have large bones for example and that makes a difference, so I don't think you need to be worried really. You don't look bad.

ReputationRep:
    You're definatly not overweight ... are you really a size 8-10 though?

Woah what's with the negs? Sorry, maybe I wear clothes a little baggier than you. I didn't think you were more than a 10 but I thought I was about the same size as you and I'm a size 12 in most places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Do you have a lot of muscle? If so that could skew it. It also doesn't take into account breast size - if you have large boobs, your BMI will be higher.
    I always wondered how heavy boobs were... like how much they weigh... hmm! I've been blaming that on my weight for years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    That is not a bodyfat test per-se
    I'm no expert, i'm just going on what the gym told me

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.