Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Travel - Europe: Help to Copenhagen Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm interrailing Europe in the summer. I plan on stopping of in one of the cities along the way to see the Foo Fighters. I see they are playing 23rd June in Copenhagen. I was wandering if it is possible to get the train to Copenhagen, as it's one an island.

Would my pass cover transport to the city or would I have to pay a fee?

ReputationRep:
    Hamburg or Cologne to Copenhagen on the EuroCity ICE train. It takes a ferry between Puttgarten (Germany) and Rodby (Denmark).

Details here: http://www.seat61.com/Denmark.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jez RR)
    Hamburg or Cologne to Copenhagen on the EuroCity ICE train. It takes a ferry between Puttgarten (Germany) and Rodby (Denmark).

Details here: http://www.seat61.com/Denmark.htm
    thanks man.

Well then...a train on a boat...now I've seen it all.

ReputationRep:
    could even do berlin and get the night train to malmö, cross the bridge and voila copenhagen.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Copenhagen last weekend... City Night Line train from Frankfurt (starts in Basel, also passes through Hannover and Hamburg), leaves 22.19, arrive in Copenhagen at 10.02. It doesn't go on a boat, it goes across two big ass bridges. It was quite quiet when I went so although I just had a seat reservation, I ended up with a whole compartment to myself to lay across the seats in But it'll likely be busier then so I'd suggest reserving a couchette.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al45ta1r)
    I went to Copenhagen last weekend... City Night Line train from Frankfurt (starts in Basel, also passes through Hannover and Hamburg), leaves 22.19, arrive in Copenhagen at 10.02. It doesn't go on a boat, it goes across two big ass bridges. It was quite quiet when I went so although I just had a seat reservation, I ended up with a whole compartment to myself to lay across the seats in But it'll likely be busier then so I'd suggest reserving a couchette.
    cheers man, think I've decided to book a one way flight to Copenhagen, but I'll take your advice and book ahead before I go because I'm meeting up with friends somewhere in eastern europe afterwards, so will be looking for the train there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    could even do berlin and get the night train to malmö, cross the bridge and voila copenhagen.
    I find it rather amusing that the train doesn't stop in Copenhagen yet probably passes through or near it on its way to Malmö.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I find it rather amusing that the train doesn't stop in Copenhagen yet probably passes through or near it on its way to Malmö.
    it goes from germany (cant remember which city though) to trelleborg in sweden to malmö took it when i went to prague a few years back. it's pretty comfy .. for a night train

ReputationRep:
    it goes from germany (cant remember which city though) to trelleborg in sweden to malmö took it when i went to prague a few years back. it's pretty comfy .. for a night train
    Still, the only way to Sweden is through Jutland, over Fyn and through Sjælland, meaning the train has to pass Copenhagen. If it wants to get there overnight anyway. Otherwise, it can go all the way around the Baltic.

ReputationRep:
    Still, the only way to Sweden is through Jutland, over Fyn and through Sjælland, meaning the train has to pass Copenhagen. If it wants to get there overnight anyway. Otherwise, it can go all the way around the Baltic.
    what? but there's the ferry............. with the train on it.
    hence going straight from germany to trelleborg...

ReputationRep:
    what? but there's the ferry............. with the train on it.
    hence going straight from germany to trelleborg...
    Ahh, see, you didn't say that, so I got confused. Apparently it only runs in the summer.

Still, he might as well just get the train from Berlin to Copenhagen. Makes much more sense.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, see, you didn't say that, so I got confused. Apparently it only runs in the summer.

Still, he might as well just get the train from Berlin to Copenhagen. Makes much more sense.
    hah fair enough. yeah i guess. but the ferries are lovelyyy ( tho biased by too many childhood holidays to gemany involving ferries i think lol )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.