Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your favourite accent? Watch

• View Poll Results: What's your favourite accent?
    RP
    7.41%
    Estuary
    0%
    American
    11.11%
    Canadian
    0%
    South African
    0%
    Australian
    3.70%
    Irish
    44.44%
    Scottish
    11.11%
    Welsh
    3.70%
    Other - please state
    18.52%

ReputationRep:
    Which accent do you like the most - would you like to change your accent? Do you want a partner with a particular one?

ReputationRep:
    RP :love:

I wouldn't want to change my accent, 'cause it'd be embarrassing and it would seem like I was trying too hard...But I'd definitely like to marry a British guy

ReputationRep:
    has to be irish

ReputationRep:
    Scottish, oh my goodness. :love: :suith:

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me what does 'RP' mean please? Otherwise, I'd go for the Irish accent.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, the irish accent is amazing. Reminds me of Gerard Butler in P.S. I Love You.

ReputationRep:
    Look at all the sad people thinking that the Irish Accent is the best...

It SUCKS!

It goes:
    1.American
    2. Australian
    3. British
    4. Irish
    5. Scottish

for all the majority english speaking countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    Can someone explain to me what does 'RP' mean please? Otherwise, I'd go for the Irish accent.
    RP = Received Pronunciation

It's the English accent.

ReputationRep:
    Oirish :lovedup:

ReputationRep:
    All of them, I can mimic any accent out there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ReputationRep:
    Cork accent so it is. Right so off I go.

ReputationRep:
    German :love: closely followed by Welsh, Scottish, French, American and Canadian.

ReputationRep:
    Irish

ReputationRep:
    Favourite accent has to the Geordie accent :love: but the Spanish accent is quite sexy too! :mmm:

Tbh, I like a few foreign accents

I wouldn't change my accent...I love being Scottish (although I will admit that our accent can sound quite harsh sometimes on tv) :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishShortiex)
    Favourite accent has to the Geordie accent :love: but the Spanish accent is quite sexy too! :mmm:

I wouldn't change my accent...I love being Scottish (although I will admit that our accent can sound quite harsh sometimes on tv) :p:
    Ohhh noo! I just wanna get rid of it :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colpejafort)
    Ohhh noo! I just wanna get rid of it :banghead:
    Why? Me encanta! :love:

ReputationRep:
    Why? Me encanta! :love:
    I hate it, for example some germans sound similar to english speakers, but theres no way for us the spanish to hide our accent! :banghead: and it makes people who have really good english to sound stupid once they open their mouth :mad2: Dont know, i guess its only my opinion, but unless it's someone who has a perfect pronunciation and is able to speak almost like a native....spanish accent sounds awful to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colpejafort)
    I hate it, for example some germans sound similar to english speakers, but theres no way for us the spanish to hide our accent! :banghead: and it makes people who have really good english to sound stupid once they open their mouth :mad2: Dont know, i guess its only my opinion, but unless it's someone who has a perfect pronunciation and is able to speak almost like a native....spanish accent sounds awful to me
    All the Spanish waiters/bar staff/hotel staff I've ever spoken who speak english really well don't sound stupid at all. Don't get yourself down about how you think you're percieved!

ReputationRep:

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Any accent I can fake... (Drama person)... love listening to people swear in Indian accents but my favourite- ever heard people sing in Irish accent? Esp girls.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.