Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

should i tell my gf that i never want to get married watch

ReputationRep:
    i have been with her for over 6 years and i always told myself that i don't want to get married because why should i get married to prove that i love someone? also i want to have only 1 child. should i tell her this or never?

ReputationRep:
    If the topics haven't come up in six years, why bother...

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you have a talk to her about this as its quite an important issue in the relationship unless in the six years she has also indicating that her views are the same as yours regarding the matter.

ReputationRep:
    No need to tell her, it could potentially damage the relationship, thus result in you not participating in sexual intercourse for a long period of time.

Plus you're the man in the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    If the topics haven't come up in six years, why bother...
    this.

ReputationRep:
    If it comes up, tell her the truth. Otherwise, you're free to go on as normal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeepStar)
    I suggest you have a talk to her about this as its quite an important issue in the relationship unless in the six years she has also indicating that her views are the same as yours regarding the matter.
    will i lose her one day because of this? many girls want to get married or dream about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris700)
    will i lose her one day because of this? many girls want to get married or dream about it
    I can't answer that as I don't know her views on the matter.

Not all women want to get married and not all women want to have children. Whilst some change their mind as they grow older, some don't.

You have to be honest about your standpoint in the matter, she deserves that much and then it is up to her, how she decides to deal with the information.

All I can say is, be prepared for the best and worst outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeepStar)
    I can't answer that as I don't know her views on the matter.

Not all women want to get married and not all women want to have children. Whilst some change their mind as they grow older, some don't.

You have to be honest about your standpoint in the matter, she deserves that much and then it is up to her, how she decides to deal with the information.

All I can say is, be prepared for the best and worst outcome.
    you are right. if this ruins my relationship i will no longer be religious because religion with their marriage is the most dumbest thing ever. sorry i had to vent lol

ReputationRep:
    I say tell her. If you're lucky she'll feel the same way, if not then she can move on. 6 years in you need to be able to talk about these things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris700)
    you are right. if this ruins my relationship i will no longer be religious because religion with their marriage is the most dumbest thing ever. sorry i had to vent lol
    Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.